Where to feed upgraded speaker wires into cabin of 2011 F-150

HardcoreBob

Senior VIP Member
Dallas
There appears to be no way to feed my new speaker wires (for mids, tweets are fine) into the cab of my track.

The only thing that “appears” to be an access point, where the boot terminates, has zero room for access. It’s just a big plug that has over a dozen connections on it with no room for routing even with drilling...

Anyone experienced here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most people either drill a new whole or modify the molex plug. If you PM me your email, I can send you screenshots on how to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most people either drill a new whole or modify the molex plug. If you PM me your email, I can send you screenshots on how to do it

Thanks man! I️ just found pictures of where to drill... thanks for offering the help...

My next delima is I’m going to run a RF DSR for my dsp, but I️ have to splice it in “stand-alone” long story...

Doing it like this Inhave no fuse protection though, so I’m assuming I️ need to put an in-line in there (guy at Rockford support said don’t worry about, but he probably has a ton more confidence and money than me)

Don’t know where to start with size and where to find an inline...

Unless multiple people agree it’s not necessary.

Actually man, I got out there and looked at that thing and I don’t know how the hell anyone was able to drill into that thing. Do you know how to get access to it to drill it?

Actually man, I got out there and looked at that thing and I don’t know how the hell anyone was able to drill into that thing. Do you know how to get access to it to drill it?

Are you on Facebook? There is a great forum just for f150 owners. You can probably get all your questions answered there.

Good luck. I'd just **** it up taking the stock wire into the doors. Your other alternative will probably involve removing the door to either drill new holes and add your own bootie/grommets or drill a hole through a couple empty slots in the molex.

Are you on Facebook? There is a great forum just for f150 owners. You can probably get all your questions answered there.

Yes, thanks... I can a lot of good info from those guys!

Good luck. I'd just **** it up taking the stock wire into the doors. Your other alternative will probably involve removing the door to either drill new holes and add your own bootie/grommets or drill a hole through a couple empty slots in the molex.
Yeah man, I’m just gonna “**** it up” myself and drill as clean a hole in as clean a spot I can, put a grommet and a little seal if necessary.

Yeah man, I’m just gonna “**** it up” myself and drill as clean a hole in as clean a spot I can, put a grommet and a little seal if necessary.

I wrote s-uck it up... Stupid censorship.

Anyway, I just did my brother's 250 a couple weeks ago and it didn't look like you had room to really get a drill in there. Please post pics when and if you get it done, we may give it a whirl when we have more time and get back into his truck.

I wrote s-uck it up... Stupid censorship.
Anyway, I just did my brother's 250 a couple weeks ago and it didn't look like you had room to really get a drill in there. Please post pics when and if you get it done, we may give it a whirl when we have more time and get back into his truck.
Hahaha! The action/intent/usage/emotion seems “relatively” interchangeable in this instance.[emoji23]

I havent done it yet but its next on my list of things to do. Have you removed the molex connector yet that's half the battle right there. Once you disconnect the connector you should be able to twist it out of the cab side and work on it through your kick.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.