Deadening/dampening doors...

Participant count
  • Participant list

HardcoreBob

Senior VIP Member
Dallas
I have blocks of a material similar to styrofoam in strips that are about 4 inches wide, 3 inches tall, and 2 to 3 feet long...

Would this material be suitable/desirable to not only insulate/dampen/deaden the space between the outer and inner sheet metal?

This would (purely in novice theory) do the things I mentioned, but would also -in novice theory- reduce the size of the “enclosure” I’m creating for my door’s 6.5 incher...

The dampening it could provide sounds like at worst it wouldn’t hurt anything, but would the enclosure being slightly smaller be desirable?

I figure on the back doors I could theoretically use as much of this **** as I could get in there without impeding the window...

I’m actually serious enough about quality sound to deaden it so much that you couldn’t roll the back windows down, but don’t know how my wife would feel about that.[emoji23]

I’ve also considered using U-haul furniture pads for rear doors.

“Sounds” legit...ish to me...?[emoji51]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.