Where to buy...

Participant count
  • Participant list

GM4WALLS
10+ year member

I have an older Cerwin Vega V-Max 12" sub. The first time I put power to it, the voice coil came unwound. I couldn't return it, so it's been sitting in the closet ever since.

Recently, I decided I wanted to build an eight inch sub using this motor, so I started watching g how to videos.

I found baskets on eBay, but I need a supplier for the cone, surround, spiders, spider spacers and voice coils. I know a lot of guys here build custom drivers

.. who is a legit supplier I can buy these items from?

I have an older Cerwin Vega V-Max 12" sub. The first time I put power to it, the voice coil came unwound. I couldn't return it, so it's been sitting in the closet ever since.
Recently, I decided I wanted to build an eight inch sub using this motor, so I started watching g how to videos.

I found baskets on eBay, but I need a supplier for the cone, surround, spiders, spider spacers and voice coils. I know a lot of guys here build custom drivers

.. who is a legit supplier I can buy these items from?
There's gotta be more to this story than this. A brand new sub doesn't just unwind itself for no reason.

That's all there is to the story. Built a box, wired everything and literally, before I even began to set my sub gain, the sub quit. When I took the sub apart, I literally had to pull the voice coil windings out of the motor.

I purchased the sub while I was in New Orleans after Katrina and installed it the following year in Florida, which is why I didn't return it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

GM4WALLS

10+ year member
GM4WALLS
Sunny Florida!!!
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from