• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

Anyone know of a good place to purchase these from with good prices (online preferably)?

Also, compared to Infinity's, are Eclipses going to sound better? I would much rather have SQ than SPL, but being able to impress people every now and then would be fun. I'm not a fan of huge bass, I just want it to sound good for not a lot of money.

Any cheaper options are welcome.... please include power recommendations as well.

come on, someone must have an idea...

I'm new to all of this and just bought some cerwin vega 6.5s to go in as my mains. i want to eventually add a sub. what do you all suggest for quality being the main issue, but i don't want it to fizzle out if i want it to thump once in a while. SQ is the main issue.

if you are looking for sound quality and not a spl system go with something like a JL 12w3 or ever a couple 10w3s you will be impressed with the sound and you will be able to pound if you ever desire to do that sort of thing these subs are about 200 and that is for the 12s the 10s are a little cheaper and if money is an issue the JL w0 are a really good sub I had 3 in a JL box with a ppi power 2300 (not enough power) and after 6 months the bolts in my Acura were coming loose as far as subs like the eclipse I think that they are a little over priced and the only place that I have seen them is in the higher end stereo shops around town

for ur needs, i'd go with the eclipse. great sound quality, and has the balls to pound when you want it to. the jl will do the same, but the sq isnt as great as the eclipse (in my opinion anyways). the infinity would be a good choice for a sq sub, but i dont think it's what you're looking for. although it will hit hard if you give it a sufficient amount of power, it's not nearly as "ballsy" as the other two. my choice would be the eclipse.

wow! good opinions from two people...

I have been interested in the JL audio but wasn't sure if these were designed to pound, or just sound good. The eclipses did look like good speakers, but I have no clue where to buy them or hear them. Plenty of places have the Infinities though.

I would mainly like to focus now then on Infinities vs. Eclipse... and yes, cost is a concern. I mainly listen to alternative and rock, but occasionally listen to rap other bass demanding genres. I listen to classical and jazz more and more. I would love to have a killer system quality-wise, but don't want it to **** when I go out with some people to a club (listening to rap of course).

Thanks very much for the input! Keep it coming.

Also, what are your recommendations for the Eclipse... should I go with DVC or not? Does this just mean louder? What does dual voice coils do for the sound...?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
received_1404248310277849.jpeg

Blackout67

Jun 10, 2024
445981256_3731324230470906_9081536917273579948_n.jpg