where does the wiring come through the firewall on a 97 caddilac deville?

Participant count
  • Participant list
If you are not able to locate a rubber seal on the firewall where the glove box area is, then you most likely are going to have to drill a hole, or fight your way in under the drivers side dash,which will take you a full day of frustration,and fouling language for sure.My suggestion..pop /drill a whole and move on,and seal it up.

Be sure to use a $1.00 grommet you can buy at Orileys/Autozone ect for the hole,keep the wire from getting snagged.Cheap, and drilling that hole, Id do it on pass side,just at the top of the floor panel,up above where your toes set while ridding:santa:takes like 5 min, after you move the insulation and carpet out of the way

My Buick was such a biatch I ended up going under the floor and up into the rear seat from underneath. Maybe if I had a lift I could've found a spot on the firewall but on my back under the car forget it. Encased it in flexible conduit and clamped to the body with plastic cable clamps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.