Where do you have your low pass crossover set?

where do you have your crossover set?

• 100hz

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • 80hz

Votes: 39 60.9%
  • 63hz

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • 50hz

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • higher than 100hz

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • lower than 50 hz

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
nice. i wish my comps could get that low.
they only get that low at normal listening volume, i can't turn it up to loud, but i'd rather have it sound good normal then be obnoxiously loud.

i just hate having them sound real harsh and like that the sub is the only bass, i like it sounding warm and natural..

i guess im just weird.

they only get that low at normal listening volume, i can't turn it up to loud, but i'd rather have it sound good normal then be obnoxiously loud.

i just hate having them sound real harsh and like that the sub is the only bass, i like it sounding warm and natural..

i guess im just weird.
naw. i have type r comps and they can't get loud below 85. luckily i have the crossover control at the deck so it's easy to change. i'll set them to 65 normally. if i'm bumpin' it though i have to raise it back up to 85.

It seems like I am constantly fiddling with my crossover setup (it's in the HU) I have my mids down to 63hz and the sub at 63, but for some music it sounds better @ 50, but some it sounds better at 80. I rarely use the phase adjustment- it's strange when I go reverse phase I get way more midbass but there is no real low-end extention, but with it normal unless I crank my volume sometimes I am a bit lacking in the midbass dept with the sub on, with it off I have midbass up the yanger. I have some weird cancellation things going on I think- hard to sort out.

i guess im just weird.
You're not weird. You hit the nail on the head. I keep my subs at 80 and down. For normal listening, I can put my mids (Pro 60s active) at 63 or whatever (can't think off the top of my head what the setting is on my 701) and it sounds great. When I really want to crank it, I have a preset (love that 701!) that puts the mids at around 100 and up, and brings in a little more sub action above 80. This way I can abuse it for a bit and not shred my mids. On the lower setting, they definitely let me know when I am asking too much from them.

Short answer - 80 hz.

In my daily driver, 80hz.Better sub and box design.In my beater, 50hz otherwise the sub really sounds like ass (box has a very high peak).

I listen to rock, classic rock, metal, and some other stuff thrown in.

I'm just curious where most of you have your low pass crossover set, and what kind of music you listen to most of the time. I'll start.
I have my LP set to 63hz and listen primarily to hard rock/grunge era alternative/punk.
Mine is at 63 @ 12db/oct I believe... I'd have to check to make sure

99StangGT I haven't been on for a while, but I hope you got your car dialed in

bikejunkie you might remember me from another SN. I live in corvallis now and would like to hear your car, a lot of things have changed since you PMed me about my diamond setup...

I have my high-pass and low-pass both set at about 70hz. I was running closer to 100hz before, but found the mid-bass to be lacking (I think my sub starts losing some gusto above 80 or so hz). At 70hz it sounds very full with the eq set flat.

I'm using the high and low pass filters on my amps for now. I'll cross them at the HU when I get the Kenwood HU.

I have my high-pass and low-pass both set at about 70hz. I was running closer to 100hz before, but found the mid-bass to be lacking (I think my sub starts losing some gusto above 80 or so hz). At 70hz it sounds very full with the eq set flat.I'm using the high and low pass filters on my amps for now. I'll cross them at the HU when I get the Kenwood HU.
Deaden those doors.. Those xtecs are dying to be sealed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Deaden those doors.. Those xtecs are dying to be sealed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I'm actually going to try and do that this week. When I get finished with it I'll post my results.

Midbass highpass 55hz / 24dB/oct

Subwoofer lowpass 45hz / 24dB/oct

I just hate it if the subwoofer lowpass is set too high, it is so easily audible that the sound is coming from behind. (and of course I'm talking about subwoofers that are located in the trunk)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...