Where can I find some neon lights for inside a car?

Anonymous
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
My friend wants to put at least one neon light in his car and I told him I would help him find them. The only thing is that I have never had lights in my car so I do not know where to look for them. Someone help me. I need some lights that have settings, meaning he can turn them of if he want to, he can have the light on constant, or he can have the light flash every time the bass hits. If anyone know where to get these lights, let me know. I know it is a stupid question but as I said I have a 150+db truck so I have never wanted to draw even more attention to me.

Thanks

ebay //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

EDIT: and you don't really need settings, you could do those things with a couple of switches and relays if you can't find neons with a "brain"

AutoZone - $20.00 Can be played constant, strobe, or when the bass hits with a sensitivity knob. comes in blue, red, and green I think. pretty cool.

My friend wants to put at least one neon light in his car and I told him I would help him find them. The only thing is that I have never had lights in my car so I do not know where to look for them. Someone help me. I need some lights that have settings, meaning he can turn them of if he want to, he can have the light on constant, or he can have the light flash every time the bass hits. If anyone know where to get these lights, let me know. I know it is a stupid question but as I said I have a 150+db truck so I have never wanted to draw even more attention to me.
Thanks
by your friend you mean yourself...

150db truck need pics

No I do not mean me, as I said I have never been in to that. I can not take pics, no cam, but I will tell you what I am running 2 AQ HD3 15's, off a Kenwood KDC-x891 Rockford PA2 EQ, 2 Hifonics BXI2607's, these amps are beasts I ran one at .5 ohm load while waiting to get my other and it never even got warm, even being in Florida. My electrical is a Iraggi 220A alt and a Exide Orbital/Rockford 1100A batt under the hood, along with 3 Deka Intimidator 9a31's in the back to give my amps juice. Voltage never drops under 13v at idle, and the box is 10 total cubes, 8 net cubes tuned to 40hz, box directly from DJ. I made sure that I had at least 12 inches from port to hatch, more like 14-15 inches from port to hatch. This setup is in a Dodge Durango.

Thanks
Auto Zone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Thanks
Thing of the past my friend. Get an LED bar/tube. About the same price, brighter, doesn't fade, less current draw than neon. Got three going in my trunk to light up the amp and crossover display.

http://streetglow.com/site/led.ledtubes6.php

Thing of the past my friend. Get an LED bar/tube. About the same price, brighter, doesn't fade, less current draw than neon. Got three going in my trunk to light up the amp and crossover display.
http://streetglow.com/site/led.ledtubes6.php
however you've forgot about how cheezy LED's look.... REAL neon is a classic look.

allthough, most underbody kits are cheapy crap tubes. Custom made tubes look so nice, classy and put LED's to shame..... if you want the real stuff (like the stuff you see on billboards and big businesses), you have to go to a Neon sign shop and get some stuff custom cut for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.