I'm going to install a ham radio/scanner that involves 2 holes in the roof..

if your talking about not letting water get in, then use the supplied rubber seals and then use alot of silicon. If ur talking about interference, not too sure about that.

for the antennas .. you sorta need those when your runing ham and a scanner.. the roof is the best place.

because I want it to be perm and mag mounts ****.. I've researched for 6 months on the scanner and the ham. the only part I nvr thought about is if I cut a hole in the roof... IF it will effect my sound system EVEN after I seal the hole up with the normal stuff and then damp pro it..

mag mounts mess the paint up and dont always stay put. when you got a $90 ant for ham you want it to stay put!

Not sure what kind of vehicle you drive but if its a truck what about mounting the antennas out on the mirrors? Or even on a car or truck maybe on the cowl just at the base of the windshield like the factory antenna.

Personally I would just stay away from anything that involves cutting sheetmetal, specially not easily replaceable.

If you really must I would say go with a good solid gromit that won't degrade over time in the sun or in the elements and then use an ample amount of clear silicone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.