Where can I find Intake Parts

Cyprix
10+ year member

Learning in Progress
My girlfriend drives a ford taurus 1990 3.0 . I have been tryin to find a cold air intake system for her car but all i can find is the filter. I have never put one in, but i'm pretty sure the whole system includes a chrome air intake pipe and a mounting bracket or two. Any i deas on where I can find one? Thanx for the help.

I can't seem to find anything that would fit in place for the stock air filter so chances are that you are going to have to buy one, and then modify it to fit your GF's car.

**On a side note, my friend took out his stock air filter, and put in its place the whose that you use for laundry dryers and then put a filter on that. It worked well for him, just a thought, i not advocating that this is better than buying a short ram and modifing but rather last resort. **

Good luck

maybe use that dryer ducting to find how to run it, then go find some mandrel bent tubes/bends to fit? Mandrel bends can be expensive some place though. Don't expect more than 5~8hp and thats going to be near the engine's redline. It *should* deepen the tone of your exhaust note though. Anything is better than than that fan sound that comes from a taurus though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.