Whats your opinion of the Kenwood Excelon XR-W12F?

3/4 thickness will likely sound better as the less the box walls move, the more efficient and better sounding the output will be. If you add fiberglass or multiple bracing though, than you could get away with 1/2’. At a minimum, I would use 3/4” for the panel that the woofer mounts to.
Thanks, I was planning on a double baffle for the face, but maybe 3/4” would actually be stronger since its factory pressed and glued. Also 2 sheets of 1/2” birch is 14pky and 3/4 birch is 13ply.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I think your front stage is spot on. If your DSP has a dongle that connects to your phone, then you are getting the full clear signal. No need to...
I don't think this is ideal, but let's assume you can easily mount all the tweeters. That installing them is going to be really simple, and...
In this Bidenconomy it is worth around $13,634. And a loaf of bread.
You could run that sub on a 4 channel amp and have 2 channels left for amping front speakers. I just put a small system in my brothers car with a...

About this thread

imsickofweed

Senior VIP Member
imsickofweed
Orange County
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from