Whats wrong??

LivinLoud
10+ year member

Save The Planet--Buy DD
Earth
Ok after I got off work I turned my system up no problems. I leave my friends house and the sub is workin but barely hittin. So then I get pulled over for no light bulb above my license plate. When I pull away it works fine and the sub is hittin pretty good. So then I go back to my friends and then leave to come home the sub is not moving at all. I checked all the connections, fuses, or whatever and its all okay. The amp turns on but no sound comes from the sub. Could you guys please tell me whats wrong????

Does the sub move if you push on it? See if you can physically move it. Listen for scraping. Also maybe the wires inside the box came off? It happened to a friend of mine.

that happened to me. my power wire was melting...i didn't put wire sheathing over it. i had to scrape off all the wire plastic from my intake manifold. i learned my lesson there.

that happened to me. my power wire was melting...i didn't put wire sheathing over it. i had to scrape off all the wire plastic from my intake manifold. i learned my lesson there.
Has nothing to do with this post but ok.

Id check the wiring inside the box and make sure nothing vibrated loose. or unplug everything on the amp and plug it back in and try it again.

I turned my car on this morning and the sub was working fine. So I took the sub out of the box anyway and everything looked fine. I checked the amp and everything again and everything is fine. So I dont know. Thanks for the help

Wouldn't you know it, I'm having the same problem. I threw in my buddy's Visonik, didn't work either. Checked all connections over (inside the trunk). Pulled out the trusty multimeter, figured out it's coming from MY DECK! HEHE! My Alpine 7897 has dead subwoofer preouts. Anyone have some cyanide?

ok...

I put new RCA's and remote wire in the car......STILL havin the problem. Checked all connections for the hundreth time....everything looks fine. I dont have subwoofer pre-outs on my deck. Should I put in different deck and see if that is the problem?? Thanks

ok...

I get in my car go around the block and the sub will hit hard for a second then go back to barely playin....then all of a sudden the sub starts workin perfect again....

I have no clue what and the hell is goin on.

And this is NOT a permanent install. I am on the production list for a DD 9512e //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I am going to take the sub out again and check all the connections since this is probably the problem since it will start playin perfect all of a sudden.

Thanks guys for all your help. If you have any other ideas please post.

couple things i thought of, although most are probably wrong. A. the output section of your amp went caputs or is currently going. B. during your installation of the rca it could've been cut partially or completely, in which case you get the signal occasionally whenever the two sections touch. C. i really need to stay focused because i forgot what c was, oh well.

Yes, if you measure the output terminals of the amp with a multimeter while the sub is NOT hitting, you might notice there's hardly any power coming out. This may be because the signal your amp is receiving is incredibly weak. If you turn the gain way up, does the sub move a little bit?

I'm popping the deck out today to see if the rca's became detatched or something, if not I'm gonna try using high level inputs, just to see if it works. I had the exact same symptoms... the sub cutting in and out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.