Inexpensive Sq subs????

wal1885
10+ year member

atlanta
Ok I have done a little research and i need help on deciding on an sq sub. I was looking at 2 8's, 1 10", or possibly 1 12". So far I have seen good things about Shivas(125$), Infinity Perfect($90), Pg Titanium (70$). Which of these do you think would have the nest SQ? I would only be getting one sub not two. Also if you guys could give input for other that you think I would also enjoy that would be great. Oh yeah how do you think 2 Re 8's would be against these? Thanks and all opinions are welcome.

Well I say go with 2 RE8s. They hit hard and tight. SQ is there, and you can get them into tight spots. 2 of them can be had for under $100 shipped. I say this because that is what I have and I love them. Just my opinion though.

Good luck!

i got an elemental designs b2 12 for sale for $95 shipped. i had it in a ported box with about 1.9-2.0 cubes ported to 30 hz. and it had excellent sq. let me know if you are interested.

what if I wanted to stay sealed?? Still go with the RE 8's? How much bigger is the ported re8 box than a sealed one?
Depends.

But I'd say you'd be looking at least a 0.3ft^3 increase (per driver) ... or somewhere around there, at the very minimum.

- Steve

what if I wanted to stay sealed?? Still go with the RE 8's? How much bigger is the ported re8 box than a sealed one?
Its .217 each sealed and .50 each ported. But don't be afraid to port them in a smaller box. I have 2 in .50 ported tuned at 35hz and they hit hard and tight. Get low too. Wish I had more room, but they sound real good with just .50 for both.

so DUP what are the dimensions on you box? in inches for the newb please!
33''wide total. 17''wide were the subs are mounted and 16 over the hump.

Whole box is 11.75'' deep.

5.5'' in front and 4'' in back over the hump due to the angle of the seat.

6.25'' in front and 4.75'' in back were the subs are mounted.

The little leg on the side the holds up the box is 7'' deep from the front and 1.75'' tall.

Look at my box in my pictures and you will understand what all of this means.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.