What's wrong with Skar Audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
picture219.jpg
picture220.jpg
wtf kind of horrible excuse of a box is that?

I'd choose the SA over the Skar (or any other sub on God's green Earth) at that price point, but I can get the Skar for cheaper. I can't find the SA for any less than the price you have in your link. I wouldn't consider any other sub you posted.

I have not idea why this is relevant. I built pretty ugly looking boxes when I was in high school. Liquid Nails is one of my best friends! Now, let's talk about subwoofers.

I have not idea why this is relevant. I built pretty ugly looking boxes when I was in high school. Liquid Nails is one of my best friends! Now, let's talk about subwoofers.
Well i get that everyone on here hates him lol, but are their products any good?

Well i get that everyone on here hates him lol, but are their products any good?
I'm going to assume that the Skar products are pretty good. For whatever reason, people hate this guy Kevin, the owner of Skar. None of that has anything to do with me. I'm looking for the best bang for my buck. I do not hear any bad reviews of Skar products...just bad reviews of the owner. If the Skar products had a flaw, you'd hear about it on this hate thread. All that being said, I have never owned or tried out any Skar products. I am just considering buying 4 VVX 12s. I have owned many Sundown products, and I've absolutely loved them all.

I'm going to assume that the Skar products are pretty good. For whatever reason, people hate this guy Kevin, the owner of Skar. None of that has anything to do with me. I'm looking for the best bang for my buck. I do not hear any bad reviews of Skar products...just bad reviews of the owner. If the Skar products had a flaw, you'd hear about it on this hate thread. All that being said, I have never owned or tried out any Skar products. I am just considering buying 4 VVX 12s. I have owned many Sundown products, and I've absolutely loved them all.
That;s cool, i was just checking out the site, the subs look a little cheap compared to others to me but maybe it's decent stuff.

Same buildhouse as Sundown... Not much of a difference. Just another Chinese built sub like every other decent car audio brand.

I personally had a pretty good experience with Kevin's customer service in this past week. I know that doesn't speak for everyone, but maybe he's actually running a legitimate business now.

Same buildhouse as Sundown... Not much of a difference. Just another Chinese built sub like every other decent car audio brand.
I personally had a pretty good experience with Kevin's customer service in this past week. I know that doesn't speak for everyone, but maybe he's actually running a legitimate business now.
I have heard a ton of bad things about Kevin but for me the product that I have used in the past was always solid and he has always taken care of me as a customer. Always sent me exactly what I ordered or better and shipped it fast. No complaints here.

I'm thinking he scammed my friend.. On his subs he got there was scratches all over the motor and the surround was rubbed.. Who all did he scam on here?
Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but I've seen a few Skar vids on YouTube, seen all the hate mail, did a Google search and now I'm here.

As for the subject of Scratches on subwoofers, this is the Sundown E-10 that I purchased for my friend.

Although I don't have any pictures of scratches on the SA-12 that I can show you, I can only assure you that it was much the same thing. So am i now to claim that Sundown Audio is now sub standard or selling B-stock as A-stock? Am I to conclude that i've been scammed by Sundown?

Underhanded and unscrupulous sales tactics ... i've done my fair share working on IT & financial recruitment in London, so i can understand people getting hacked of with that. We in the UK have our own problem brand.

As for customer service, I have to say IMO most car audio companies aren't very good at all. The best response time I've had was under 30 mins from Hybrid audio when this happened ...

...... and Ground Zero who answered in a matter of hours even though I posted my question on a Sunday. I do have to add that Sundown were/are also pretty good to talk to, but the rest is days, weeks, months or in the case of Morel .... 'blood out of a stone anyone?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...