What's up with tuning to 35hz?

Why don't you run cyclones? I know you love TC sounds but, nothing beats a cyclone that low. Also do you know anyone selling a gen one tumult?
You're not kidding, those things are perfect for just that sort of thing. I dunno, I just never bought one. Aren't they a bit problematic with regards to the motor or brushes or something?
And the Tumult... Well, I'm your competition for finding one of those. Always wanted one and never bought it, thinking they would always be around and put it off too long. "Price Is Right" fail horn sound here.

You've got good taste, my friend!

You're not kidding, those things are perfect for just that sort of thing. I dunno, I just never bought one. Aren't they a bit problematic with regards to the motor or brushes or something?
And the Tumult... Well, I'm your competition for finding one of those. Always wanted one and never bought it, thinking they would always be around and put it off too long. "Price Is Right" fail horn sound here.

You've got good taste, my friend!
They are totally perfect and are robbed by all the collectors and HT guys. The motors do degrade overtime but, in recent there has been a treatment you can do to the motor to slow the process. If you do the treatment you may only have to clean the driver every few years. The tumults are very elusive and like the cyclones they are hoarded by HT guys. I have seen a couple for sale over the past year but, they were all the gen 2's.

They are totally perfect and are robbed by all the collectors and HT guys. The motors do degrade overtime but, in recent there has been a treatment you can do to the motor to slow the process. If you do the treatment you may only have to clean the driver every few years. The tumults are very elusive and like the cyclones they are hoarded by HT guys. I have seen a couple for sale over the past year but, they were all the gen 2's.
Is the cyclones and tumult some kind of sound generator? I Google the names with no luck. Any links or exact name thanks.

Is the cyclones and tumult some kind of sound generator? I Google the names with no luck. Any links or exact name thanks.
The cyclone look s like a fan

phoenix-gold-cyclone.jpg

How is that different from '02 RE XXX?
Well the tumult is the first subwoofer to use the XBL^2. There are very slight differences in the top plate and there are differences in the gap. They are nearly identical though.

i run sq subs i was tuned to 32 and dident like it very much went to 40hz and hated that went to 35 and got a good balance
Yup.. On SQ subs tuning to low like 33hz and lower really makes them sound nasty.

35hz would get low and not as nasty sounding.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.