Whats up with the never ending Type R's?

DarkFox
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok, so I just notcied that at any given time, in the first page of enclosure design board there is at least 4 variations of a Type R box question. whats the deal, why are there SO MANY people going with Type R's? I know that people are going to ask questions about doing there system but I have seen so many Type R posts that it leaves me wishing for a Type R spam filter while looking through the posts... Maybe there should just be a optimum box for 1 or 2 12" type R's sticky to clear things up... Just IMO thought...

whats the deal, why are there SO MANY people going with Type R's?
because they had to cash in their Best Buy gift certificates on something. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

every forum has ppl over hyping subs so many ppl get them and well type Rs are cheap so it is a decent option.... and RE is over hyped... RE *****!!!

re ***** because its expensive right? or are u saying it actually does ****? or are u just HIGH??

-dante

most RE subs will play well around the low hz but will not blend well w/ midbass. IMO

as for Rs, never heard one.

I have to defend the R's being that i have two. as long as you know what your doing and don't spend too much on them like at bestbuy they get very loud for a reasonable price. I love mine but am about to sell mine for a 06 15l7.

as for the reason why there are so many posts about what box goes best with them i guess people are just too lazy to search

I've been asking my self this question the entire time... Not because I think they ****, but because though as popular as they are... I have never heard one... I wonder how good of a bang for the buck they really are... After seeing prochobos vid I can see they aint no bottom dollar beaters... The look like they can handle a good workout for such an average priced product for the general market... I would be interested in entertaining them in one of my enclosures to re-sell them being as though they are infact popular and most likely would sell quickly and easily.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.