Whats the thoughts on CDT?

their coaxes are pretty good for the price. I used to have a set of the CL-5x 5 1/4" speakers. Don't expect a whole lot of bass, but they sound clean and accurate.

i run the components that are in my signature. They are pretty cheap and i LOVE the vocal accuracy with little to no distortion at high volume. I deadened my doors and honestly the mid bass is pretty impressive imo.

I am using a set of the CL61 in one of my cars and love the way they sound, the 61's have more power handling and better SQ compared to the 60's.

nid to high end cdt stuff is pretty nice. Their lower end stuff is okay..but not that impressive imo.

i am running the cl-62cf series upfront rated for 150rms giving them 175xovered at 100hz and in non deaden or sealed doors and the bass is still good and they get very loud with no distortion

nid to high end cdt stuff is pretty nice. Their lower end stuff is okay..but not that impressive imo.
I would have to agree! I started out with EF-61FG's, the carbon fiber ones if im not mistaken and i thought they sounded pretty good. Im currently bangin the ES-06 mids with the massive ES-200 crossovers and an upstage kit. Truly awesome staging, clarity and it get's really loud without distortion. Fantastic midbass too.

i am running the cl-62cf series upfront rated for 150rms giving them 175xovered at 100hz and in non deaden or sealed doors and the bass is still good and they get very loud with no distortion
Never hard of the cl 62's in carbon fiber,i have the cl 62's with the 480 xover and they are mounted in the factory location w/out mdf rings and the midbass is fantastic.I have em crossed at 60hz@18 db slope and I have to turn them sky high before they break up.

i have the brand new set of the cl-62's they are made with carbon fiber the cone is i should say, they were the newest set at the time when i got them exige gave me a great deal on them and i am giving them 25more rms than rated and not a problem
http://cdtaudio.com/classic_comp_08.htm
cool,didn't know about those,since yours are cf I would think the power handling would be greater but mine are rated for 10 more watts,not that that would make a big difference

cool,didn't know about those,since yours are cf I would think the power handling would be greater but mine are rated for 10 more watts,not that that would make a big difference
the power handling depends on the xover more than the woofer but however most cdt lines can take much more power than rated if they have the xover to support it

like woofersect rates the power handling of the mid but gives low qualitly xover that cant take that much power and will burn up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.