Whats the LOUDEST i can get on 1000 watts RMS?

ive heard type r 12's... sure they were loud enough for me in a sealed box off 600 watts.... but the sq did not impress me at all really... id be sick of hearing them after a few days or so. But maybe thats because ive only had top sq subs like idmax, icon, tc9 or ib3's so yea... just didnt compare to these sq wise at all imo. Bass was just simply not as clean. If I were you id just get 1 15" custom hybrid tc9+ aka the hardtimes pro off ebay for ~200 shipped... my 12 hit 138 at 38 hz off 900 watts in a 2.5 @ 32... so i cant imagine what a 15 could do off a true 1500 rms in a higher tuned box(also sq wise... very clean to say the least)

power handling isn't a requirement. A sub that can handle more power and isn't near RMS will generally be louder than one that can handle less running at RMS due to power compression.

this thread is completely pointless. buy something, it doesn't matter what and either learn how to, or talk to somebody who knows how to build and design a proper box. the subs are not anywhere near as important as the box and install.

I'm getting the DCs for the same price as the Type Rs.

And I like the DCs because if i need more all i need is a bigger amp since they take 1k daily, rather than a whole new system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.