Whats The Difference?

MuNchiezzz

CarAudio.com Recruit
What is the major difference in sound between an enclosure with a single layer port and an enclosure with multiple layers of port? Is one better than the other? Is one maybe better for SPL and one for SQ?

b8ce19d827296eb25cb6f0be3b162090.jpg
e5cc5f650793e3f1623a2ce391306742.jpg

What is the major difference in sound between an enclosure with a single layer port and an enclosure with multiple layers of port? Is one better than the other? Is one maybe better for SPL and one for SQ?

View attachment 22455View attachment 22456
The more wood or material used to build the enclosure, the more sturdy it becomes. The more sturdy, the less output loss due to enclosure panel flex. Plus what they said above, longer port, lower tune.

View attachment 22455View attachment 22456
If anything that many turns reduces port efficiency making the enclosure unnecessarily bigger than it needs to be while still having crap rear air velocity values. Only thing that balances it out is the additional strength of the enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.