What's the best Mid bass driver for the money ?

2 dayton RS 225 8" midbass2 dayton RS100 4" fullrange

and I already owned a pair of Morel MDT 29 tweets that I got from parts express.

Keep hope told me to put my money towards deadening my doors and sealing them.
Great setup. I almost went with that too. There was a set on DIYMA for sale.

OP anything you pick pro audio will sound like crap. Its meant to get loud as balls, but not sound good doing it.

OP anything you pick pro audio will sound like crap. Its meant to get loud as balls, but not sound good doing it.
I Pm'd the guy about them. But he sold them already.

I am looking forward to getting to hear it.

I have never ran components, I have never ran active or off of a mids/high amp.

and I have never had my doors deadened and stuffed with foam.

Should be a HUGE difference.

Well do you have any suggestions what to run then ? I would like lots of midbass so atleast a couple drivers per door. I can fiberglass so the

panels should look decent.. i hope haha

Well do you have any suggestions what to run then ? I would like lots of midbass so atleast a couple drivers per door. I can fiberglass so thepanels should look decent.. i hope haha
Make sure the mid basses are set solid. Some have some muscle behind them. I had to weld in cross braces for mine, they tried to tear the door apart

Sooo are you guys saying i should just go with a couple nice component sets ??
I've installed the nendo's, AQ's, seleniums, ect....so I have experience with all of them.

What do you mean by midbass? Do you want something that plays down very low or are you looking to get VERY loud and keep up with a loud substage?

Out of what you mentioned the PWX's have the most midbass punch. The AQ's have decent midbass and get quite loud. The seleniums have solid punch and get the loudest out of all of them.

Then why do they use PA stuff at concerts, small venues, ect...?

I hear this crap all the time. If it truly sounded "that" bad then it would NOT be used anywhere.

Dayton combo is proven, but probably not what the OP is looking for.

Then why do they use PA stuff at concerts, small venues, ect...?
I hear this crap all the time. If it truly sounded "that" bad then it would NOT be used anywhere.
Where do you think the term "PA" or "pro audio" came from? I agree that it doesn't make sense to make the blanket statement that PA speakers for the car won't sound good. They're starting to get used very successfully in sound quality competition, or so I've been seeing online.

2 dayton RS 225 8" midbass2 dayton RS100 4" fullrange

and I already owned a pair of Morel MDT 29 tweets that I got from parts express.

Keep hope told me to put my money towards deadening my doors and sealing them.
I am considering doing this right here. Looks like it would sound great. I am just worried if i get a tweeter without a grill it's going to get beat up

I am considering doing this right here. Looks like it would sound great. I am just worried if i get a tweeter without a grill it's going to get beat up
I haven't put it in yet. But it was suggested to me by the guy above.

Except the tweeters. I already own them for over a year.

Find some tweeters on parts express. Just remember. Everything is sold individually.

I haven't put it in yet. But it was suggested to me by the guy above.

Except the tweeters. I already own them for over a year.

Find some tweeters on parts express. Just remember. Everything is sold individually.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.