Whats the best looking head unit??

well thats TOO much money for nothing too spectacular mechanics. i mean EXTRA features does it have over a normal high-end deck????
and there are a lot of decks, especially pioneer, that dont have all flashy lights. id take a metal coated/finished deck with a simple one color display over that Denon anyday and in the process, but other stuff with the extra cash
I understand - it's personal preference and the looks are subjective. To answer your first questions however, yes, I do think that is a great looking unit. On the other hand, I would be willing to pay for the quality of the device. I have experience with Denon's home audio products which I have found to be of excellent quality for my needs. I am also in the process of putting together a purely SQ setup for a new vehicle and if I could get my hands on a unit like that from Denon, I definitely would without thinking twice.

you guys think the Denon actually looks good?????????
it looks like a factory deck. any avergae person would think its nothin but a factory deck almost
All the reason why many find them beautiful. Some do not want to draw attention or beak up the flow of their dash-yet still have high end substance.

Its a preference thing. I like a little flash as long as its elegantly and built superbly with fine materials. The day you turn the knob on a Denon, DRZ , etc... you'll instantly 'get it'.

well thats TOO much money for nothing too spectacular mechanics.
How do you judge that not knowing whats 'IN' it, or how its designed? The grade of the internal components, the mechanical precision of the transport? A solid knob, ultra smooth cd feeding/ejecting mechanism..

i mean EXTRA features does it have over a normal high-end deck????
Its the lack of many bs 'features' and 'marketing propaganda' that makes them rare and object of desire. If you are an audiophile and care of only reproducing faithfully a stereo recording why do you need wallpapers of dolphins and race car graphics, BBE/MX/ surround, etc...

Bottom line is looks are subjective, and no deck is for everyone.

Hey, dont be hatin on the race car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Actually, i never have my pioneer on those backrounds, just a simple squiggly line that goes away when the track title is shown //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I keep my XXV on the 4-line text display for all source modes.

I like having all the applicable info right there (and each line of info is set to a slightly different color than the others to make them more distiguishable from one another)

It's all about personal preference and as we've all seen too many times for some things there really is no one single "right way."

f_pioneer_fhp099md.jpg
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

How much did those go for?

No so hi res, but a quick pic before it goes in the car...
MyCar060.jpg
Thanks D-man. I've read some pretty great things about the 700II in other forums -- especially with the external DAC box and to die for transport. I'd be curious how it would stand up vs. the Denon DCTs; I've not read anywhere online about personal comparisons on the two products.

While the CD700II is good looking, I'm not so sure on the numerous buttons cluttered look and mid face opening vs. the much more chiseled Denon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.