What's going to sound good in this box?

Participant count
  • Participant list

dcktp37
10+ year member

I'm dead set on the box or one like it so don't go trying to change my mind..... unless you have a better idea of course .. Haha.. """subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Sub-Boxes/Silverado-Sierra-Extended-Cab/99-06-GM-Extended-Cab-Ultra-Deep-MAXX-Dual-1012-Downfire-Box-NEW.html"""

I was looking at CVX12-2s and powering with a 1500.1... I'm looking for something that's going to sound good in this box. I like the idea of the cvx's and I can get two 2010 models for 300ish

Opinions please! Thanks

Ok ok.. kicker = bad... there went my bubble.. So the jls are going to be something like 700 rms for 2?.. Thats a major drop in power from the cvxs. I take it power is not needed to be loud in a tight box?

oh i didnt see the kicker subs were 750 watts rms. wonder if they can really take that much power

if they can take that much power, the only other option that looks close is image dynamics ID12 but its similar price, probably will sound better, and gets just as loud according to winisd. though they are only rated 450 each, so u only need 900-1000 watts on these, which would be easier on ur electrical

WoofersEtc.com - ID12D4 V.3 - Image Dynamics 12" Dual 4 Ohm V.3 Subwoofer

Well I'm going to re do I electrical to support the the thing here any way. I really am open to suggestions here I just had done A LOT of reading and as far as i can tell if you've got little space and want low response kicker is the way to go. And 1.13 or what ever the volume of that box is it's still on the low end the what that CVX is going to need which means it's going to handle more power that it would in a much larger or vented box right? Correct me if I'm wrong but I wouldn't be asking questions if I thought I knew everything. I had also planned on trying to use pollyfil in the box. Not sure about that but I found some good reads on it and thought I'd try it.

ya generally a smaller box means it can take more power. but its still got its limits. if u put it in a .5 box doesnt mean it can take 1200 watts each, it can only take so much due to heat regardless of box size.

yes add polyfil, it will make the sub think its in a bigger box. as for how much, now that i couldnt tell u.

someone else will have to chime in. if those kicker subs can handle 1500 watts, i dont know anything in their price range that will out perform them in the 1.13 box

I like this forum and all but it's the most locked down law enforcing forum I've ever seen. But yeah i'd love to know what people think of these subs.. I know alot of people hate kicker.. but I want to know why.. not just that they hate them. I know people think that boss and hifonics ****.. and they probably do but I had 2 brutus 12s on a boss ol3kd and it was loud enough for what I payed for all of it. But I had it all boxed powered and faced the right way and I thought it actually sounded pretty good... Good starter system I guess. I'm just saying that if done right you could probably make just about anything sound pretty good right?

I like this forum and all but it's the most locked down law enforcing forum I've ever seen. But yeah i'd love to know what people think of these subs.. I know alot of people hate kicker.. but I want to know why.. not just that they hate them. I know people think that boss and hifonics ****.. and they probably do but I had 2 brutus 12s on a boss ol3kd and it was loud enough for what I payed for all of it. But I had it all boxed powered and faced the right way and I thought it actually sounded pretty good... Good starter system I guess. I'm just saying that if done right you could probably make just about anything sound pretty good right?
Should've been here a year or so ago, pretty lawless. 'Twas very fun.

I don't see the problem with CVX, old school round solobaric subs are always nice. In the right box, kicker can sound very nice. They are, for the most part, SPL oriented subs though.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing but it's going to take some getting used to. How much difference are you going to see in a sq oriented sub and a spl oriented one? Will an spl oriented sub really sound that bad?

i had two cvx 12's and loved the sound of them, i think you will probably be happy if you went that route. there are a ton of different choices everyone has an opinion on what they prefer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.