what's cheaper material for a box?

well im going to try and save money and try a build? so im wondering, is it cheaper and or better to use plywood? or mdf?
Use MDF. Its only $30 a sheet. Can get two boxes out of a sheet if they are small enough. I got 2.6 cu ft and 1.4 cu ft both ported out of 1 sheet. So about $15 a box.

3/4 partical board works good alsoits cheaper then mdf
I wouldnt. Less dense the MDF and isnt as strong. You may be able to get away with it, but I wouldn't personaly. If your sub isn't that powerful you can use 1/2" instead of 3/4" which will save some.

so mdf > plywood?

but i think mdf is alot more expensive in my area. i know for sure its no $30 a sheet. plywood is cheaper. and pywood here costs about 60-70 a sheet. :\

so mdf > plywood?
but i think mdf is alot more expensive in my area. i know for sure its no $30 a sheet. plywood is cheaper. and pywood here costs about 60-70 a sheet. :\
Wow thats pricey I just went out and ordered a sheet for my next build @ my local hardware store and 3/4 mdf was only $24 a sheet.

so mdf > plywood?
You sure your not looking at Birch ply?

idk. i did check the lowes and home depots. and those were their prices on a sheet of fly. but man. if one sheet of mdf cost roughly 20-30. then yeah. ill go for that. and for making about 4 cu airspace with a port. how many sheets do you think i'll need??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.