Whats a good amp to reverse engineer?

RJesus
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Philly
I want to try to have an amp reverse engineered (basically rebuilding an old amp with newer/updated components).

Then have them produced. My brother has some money he wants to invest so I figure it would be a pretty awesome idea, I haven't pitched it to him yet though.

What do you guys think?

what amps should we do this with?

Basically, whats a nice amp that has some good electronic features, that you guys think would make a good comeback if it were reproduced with updated components.

reverse engineering changes the design enough to bypass any intellectual copy rights //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The catch is, theres like a 500 unit minimum for production, so I can't really experiment with a lot of different amps in production.

my neighbor has a masters degree in engineering, and he said he can hook me up with the company he works for.

I'm thinking maybe getting a zapco ref 750.2, and combining two of them into an awesome 4ch amp. ideas?

And of course, I'd give the first few amps made away for free to CA members in exchange for reviews. Then give a huge discount on them for these forums for a little while. Just to get a fan base //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That would be pretty good idea definitely. I did a little reading and they seem to be excellent sq amps if but a little pricey.

Question tho. From my understanding of the amp, you can connect a laptop to adjust 10 different parametric frequency. So would you be planning on keeping this feature and getting somebody to write software for it? As i take it you wouldn't want to be using zapco's software on a reversed engineered zapco amp.

you can connect a laptop to adjust 10 different parametric frequency. So would you be planning on keeping this feature and getting somebody to write software for it?
No, wasn't planning on including that or the software.

And I'm open to suggestions, anyone with a better amp?

I have a couple I don't want around anymore, and I will review your redesign if you wanted. I've done many mods on some amps and have a couple of competitors interested in my services. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hit me up via AIM or something if you are serious.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.