Whats a good 1000x1w @ 4 ohm amp?

if you can wire it to 1ohm you can save probably half price...just an option im throwing out there, plenty of 1ohm amps @ 1000watts

if not, kicker is a good option, they do their power @2ohms so 1000@ 4ohms wouldnt be that bad, either 1500.1 or 2500

The arc ks 1000.1 would be perfect, if it was between 1000w-1500w rms @ 4 ohms.

I'm looking to power my dc 12'' dc lvl 4

A little more than 1000w would be better, 1250w rms (ideal)

I want the higher ohm load for the added sq, I'm using an epicenter that will be set fairly high, so the subs going to be reproducing a lot of fast bass, and the higher dampening factor will help the bass stay clean/accurate.

Mainly I don't want JL because they jack up their prices. and charge you +$200 for that JL badge.

I'm just wondering if theres another amp thats

that power at 4 ohm mono will more than likely be a class a/b amp, which will be more expensive. you can get a class D wired down for alot less $, and more than likely you wont hear the SQ difference

The arc ks 1000.1 would be perfect, if it was between 1000w-1500w rms @ 4 ohms.I'm looking to power my dc 12'' dc lvl 4

A little more than 1000w would be better, 1250w rms (ideal)

I want the higher ohm load for the added sq, I'm using an epicenter that will be set fairly high, so the subs going to be reproducing a lot of fast bass, and the higher dampening factor will help the bass stay clean/accurate.

Mainly I don't want JL because they jack up their prices. and charge you +$200 for that JL badge.

I'm just wondering if theres another amp thats

that whole post is full of things crossing each other out

if there was an audible difference between 4ohms and 1ohm, i doubt you would be able to tell with a lvl 4, not exactly designed for best ESS-Que evar

your going to have an epicenter sending it nasty sounding bass signal anyway, epics are neat but not exactly clean sounding, just sound muddy to me

you can get a 1ohm to do what your looking for and save a good bit of money, its a sub your not gonna hear the difference, if you were someone to hear the difference either youve got the wrong equipment or your on that sugar pill

the box is going to have a lot more to do with the sound than anything on 1ohm vs 4ohm

like said above, if you dont mind spending extra money for essentially no gain, the kicker amps would be a good option

zed says its stupid to run an amp under 4ohms.

zed's kronos bridged @ 4 ohms splits the load into x2 2ohms.

which according to him is stupid...

so.... I'm thinking maybe an alpine pdx 1000.1

And epicenters sound 'muddy' to you because the woofer is unable to stop itself quick enough to accurately produce the sounds.

How do you make a woofer stop itself better? more dampening. How do you do that? higher ohm load. Box designs already been taken care of.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.