What're the best 6.5 speakers? Top3

connerprince

CarAudio.com Newbie
Irvine
I am looking for a pair of speakers to fit my 2022 toyota corolla cross. I couldn't find any info on the size of speakers I would need on crutchfield, but I believe I need 6.5s and are trying to find the top 3 best pairs that would work for my situation. I also have a 4 channel rockford fosgate amp for the speakers.

What was wrong with your last thread asking?

Morel > Focal > Hertz
If you balk at their prices, then consider Audiofrog, JL Audio, and Rockford Fosgate speakers. You will need a DSP or quality EQ ideally to take full advantage of any speakers and sound deadening to significantly increase the volume and lower range without introducing resonance. Keep in mind car manufacturers consider the speakers that are in there by default when they pack door innards.

Morel > Focal > Hertz
If you balk at their prices, then consider Audiofrog, JL Audio, and Rockford Fosgate speakers. You will need a DSP or quality EQ ideally to take full advantage of any speakers and sound deadening to significantly increase the volume and lower range without introducing resonance. Keep in mind car manufacturers consider the speakers that are in there by default when they pack door innards.

Even within the focal morel and hertz trio some individual components are better than others.

Definitely wouldn't put Rockford components even close to audiofrog or Jl maybe the t4 and t5 sets but even then I wasn't impressed by them especially for the cost. The t3 was very disappointing.

Stereo integrity has been serving me well recently. Cdt also gets good reviews. Purifi has probably the best 6.5 midbass driver currently. They have exodus anarchy amounts of excursion 9.8mm and bottom end but manage to extend up to 5khz very flat. Which is rare.

Most of the time if you want midbass heavy you need to go 3way because the midbass starts breaking up above 500hz

I am looking for a pair of speakers to fit my 2022 toyota corolla cross. I couldn't find any info on the size of speakers I would need on crutchfield, but I believe I need 6.5s and are trying to find the top 3 best pairs that would work for my situation. I also have a 4 channel rockford fosgate amp for the speakers.

Coaxials or components? If coaxials then I would recommend Infinity Reference or Polk Audio.

I just bought CT Sounds Meso 6.5 hope they sound decent for the price range. I prefer 1” tweeters even in budget sets. Components used to be better quality for the $200 range so now you need to move up a level

I've been using Infinity Refence 6.5 to replace the old 8" door subs, in my lower door for several years. I really like them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...