What would you recommend

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well I can get the kicker for 160, same as ppi, and I intend to run the kicker at 4 ohms, giving me my 600w rms
yeah but thats gotta be used right? what he and i are saying is wire sub to 1 ohm and set gain low on amp don't use any bass boost and amp doesn't draw much more power than it would at 4 ohm with u setting gain to high or using boost to make up for lack of power.. we all use ported boxes which have an issue called box rise when basically only get 1/2 the power amp is so we over power to compensate., they have gotta really good and learning how to do it and it works better because if u have say 300rms to a sub sounds good with a heavy bass track but on say rock music just very little bass there, but if u have more power on tap u can turn sub volume up some make it louder thats what i do..

I understand what you are telling me, and I also understand that some people are having difficulties accepting the fact that I wanted to have a 4 ohm system rather than a 1 ohm, i understand that with the kicker I will have to have the gain set quite low, so as to not blow the sub.

I understand what you are telling me, and I also understand that some people are having difficulties accepting the fact that I wanted to have a 4 ohm system rather than a 1 ohm, i understand that with the kicker I will have to have the gain set quite low, so as to not blow the sub.
no were saying at 4 ohm u may want to turn gain up to get more power that is readily on tap at 1 ohm..basically u shoulda got a d4 sub and my ppi amp ran it at 2 ohm like me., u would have extra power when needed and not be running amp to hard..

You don't understand the fact that it doesn't make a fuck if its at 4ohm or 1ohm..

Thank you for the help, BOOMINGRANDPA, since this is my first setup, I think that I will just look for a cheap amp that outputs around 700 rms at 1 ohm, since I know eventually I will upgrade to something better. Thanks again

Thank you for the help, BOOMINGRANDPA, since this is my first setup, I think that I will just look for a cheap amp that outputs around 700 rms at 1 ohm, since I know eventually I will upgrade to something better. Thanks again
That's not a good idea man, get a good amp that makes power at 1ohm so you aren't stuck with some crap later. You were about to get a good amp, it's only problem. Is it doesn't make power where you need it. Get a decent amp so you aren't trying to trade it after a week

The thing with the ppi is that it outputs 395 at 4 ohms, and 785 at 1 ohm, (12v)
I'm not telling you to get ppi, that amp doesn't really fall under what I consider a quality amp. But with your budget that might be about as quality as it gets. You are not getting a great amp at that price capable of 1000w at 1ohm if you are looking new. You might get a decent one though and ppi would probably be on my decent list, although if I were looking in that range I would lean towards the soundstream.

Soundstream Tn1200.1, ppi, nvx all use the same board and all have decent feedback.

Honestly if my budget was 150, I would buy a good USED amp. I see great deals on here and on Facebook groups all day long. I got an AQ1200 the other day for $75 and it's a beast.

I guess then I will wait awhile and look for some good deals. If nothing turns up, I will just get the ppi, for 170 new

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.