What would you recommend

Participant count
  • Participant list

DeepOhm

MN
I have a single rockford p3 d2 12, and the amplifier that I am looking at is the kicker cx1200.1

Would that be a good choice, if not what would be?

Other question is about ohms, if my sub is 2 ohm, then.i can wire it to the amp as a 4 ohm load, but if it is 4 ohm, then there is no way of wiring it to the amp as 4 ohm also?

Thanks

well the sub is a d2 which wires to 4 or 1 ohm.. so u need amp that is 1 ohm stable and does probably 600-1k rms @ 1ohm.. peeps use the k1200 but there are better options, what is your price range? i strongly recommend the ts 1k most peeps here will agree i imagine, hard to beat quality for the $ korean board not made in china, look at other options there to but that maybe best for just 1 sub at that power SSA Store - Twisted Sounds TS1KW (TS1KW)

ok so u keep saying 4ohm, if u wanta run 4 ohm u need a 2 channel amp bridged to 4ohm but thats the same a s 2 ohm stereo load.. if there a reason u don't run the sub at 1 ohm?

Why run a bridged if I can use a 4 ohm mono instead?, I just want 4 ohm, since that supposedly would put less stress on the system than a 1 ohm load?

Why run a bridged if I can use a 4 ohm mono instead?, I just want 4 ohm, since that supposedly would put less stress on the system than a 1 ohm load?
because u have to pay more $ for bigger amp to give u desired power at 4 ohm, amp i showed u 1k at 1ohm $219 does 250rms at 4 ohm so thats y $.. u need at 1500-2k amp to get power u want at 4 ohm., other option is get amp like mine ppi p1k it's rated at 525rms @ 4ohm but tested over 600., i run mine at 2 ohm pretty strong very small amp.. 1 guy here has 4 in big system https://www.amazon.com/P1000-1-Precision-Power-Monoblock-Amplifier/dp/B005KW10ES

So if you had to choose between the kicker cx1200.1 and the pp p1k ( same price) which one or just preference at trhat point?

So if you had to choose between the kicker cx1200.1 and the pp p1k ( same price) which one or just preference at trhat point?
based on price and since i have used the ppi and was recommended to me by peeps here i'd say the ppi., i'm sure the kicker has been tested i just haven't seen the test on it but on mine it tested at 691rms., now on yours it maybe 625-680 or whatever but u know u should be getting more watts than u pay for instead of less which is often the case.. also this ppi is exact same amp a polk 1200 which is $300..

ALSO on the amazon links we send u make sure u don't buy from jbtools on there or ebay, either get 1 shipped from amazon or a stereo place like woofers etc or something.. so thats 2 for ppi 1k., and even though he recommended a sub too he also says 1ohm., which in fairness they've also said to me lol..

Kicker > ppi all day if they were the same price. The quality of the kicker is good, but the problem with the kicker is that it makes its power at 2ohm, and you need 1ohm or 4ohm. 4ohm is pointless because it's so expensive to get power at 4ohm.

You are thinking of the amps wrong, you aren't bridging anything. There is only mono, regardless of ohm load.

Most decent amps these days are 1ohm stable and meant to run at 1ohm, but some aren't. You can get 1,000 watts much cheaper at 1ohm than at 4ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.