What would you do?

So heres some pictures, finally. Not too great. It's hard to get any kind of different angle. This is with the subs ontop of the seats folded down.

2x6b.jpg

ty8y.jpg

cyxu.jpg

Not really! Problem solved when I can figure out how to design a box to the right specifications
Gotta start somewhere, you've seen pictures on here. Start drawing and mocking up with cardboard to see what fits and what doesn't

Would a Precisioin Power PPI P1000.1 Be an okay amp for 2 VFL 8's? Looking at it because of it's cheaper pricing and I've seen the name on the forums off and on. They seem like a decent budget amp.

You definitely have room for the twelves. You just need to find someone that can utilise every bit of space you have. Heck I'm working on a build to get an XCon 15 in the back of the 370. Whatever you go with, even if its 8's, just make sure you have a properly built enclosure for them. It makes all the difference in the world, and if you've never heard a sub setup that's built properly, you can probably get as loud as you want off half as much cone area as you think you'll need. I've done a lot of single 12 setups for people that have absolutely blown them away.

You definitely have room for the twelves. You just need to find someone that can utilise every bit of space you have. Heck I'm working on a build to get an XCon 15 in the back of the 370. Whatever you go with, even if its 8's, just make sure you have a properly built enclosure for them. It makes all the difference in the world, and if you've never heard a sub setup that's built properly, you can probably get as loud as you want off half as much cone area as you think you'll need. I've done a lot of single 12 setups for people that have absolutely blown them away.
I can attest to this too, a local box builder (who built my box) ran a single Rockford 15" on 300W and it is to this day the loudest system I've ever heard. It was insanely impressive.

really, i would just put a single solid 15 or 12 on 3k rms and call it a day. Grab a zcon or HDC4 or SP4 and make a nice box for it subs up, port to the trunk, it would be better then squeezing in woofers with limited space.

That hatch looks like my 01 eclipse hatch. I squeezed 1 treo 15 in there off of 2k watts and was very very happy. That thing is super easy to get loud. I'd go with one or 2 as 8's like previously said though, and get a nice clean amp also. Best of luck!!

I mean I have Trunk space all the way around. But depth wise from the bottom to the top once the hatch is closed the speak is about 8.5 inches.. So for say 2 12" or 1 15..I fee like an 8" depth wouldn't be enough for the magnet plus flex room, right? (Im a noob so, I probably sound stupid :p )

And yes, those are my ports, lol. Honestly for that box, I was running a 400 watt dual from wal mart for $40, my 2 kicker comps I got on sale at Best buy for $50 each, I built that box in a week in woodshop in highschool, and for what I paid. I think it sounds pretty **** good. I killed everyones 'high dollar' subs in our parking lot. Only because of the box. yet it's still a ****** setup :p But! It worked for awhile. Now it's time to move onto something much better. It's just figuring it out. I had my mind on 2 8's But now ill do more research and see about a single 12 with a big box or even a 15. Im not really sure though. My problem is knowing abosolutely nothing about cubes and sq feet, **** like that. Thats why the box I have now I just measured my trunk at the time, built it and threw it in there and was like whoa, sounds decent. Yet I didn't know each sub had it's own specifications for a box, and with that being said leaves me no idea how to build a box to it's specs, at all.

I mean I have Trunk space all the way around. But depth wise from the bottom to the top once the hatch is closed the speak is about 8.5 inches.. So for say 2 12" or 1 15..I fee like an 8" depth wouldn't be enough for the magnet plus flex room, right? (Im a noob so, I probably sound stupid :p )
And yes, those are my ports, lol. Honestly for that box, I was running a 400 watt dual from wal mart for $40, my 2 kicker comps I got on sale at Best buy for $50 each, I built that box in a week in woodshop in highschool, and for what I paid. I think it sounds pretty **** good. I killed everyones 'high dollar' subs in our parking lot. Only because of the box. yet it's still a ****** setup :p But! It worked for awhile. Now it's time to move onto something much better. It's just figuring it out. I had my mind on 2 8's But now ill do more research and see about a single 12 with a big box or even a 15. Im not really sure though. My problem is knowing abosolutely nothing about cubes and sq feet, **** like that. Thats why the box I have now I just measured my trunk at the time, built it and threw it in there and was like whoa, sounds decent. Yet I didn't know each sub had it's own specifications for a box, and with that being said leaves me no idea how to build a box to it's specs, at all.
I'm probably not going to tell you any advice you're necessarily looking for, but IF you do end up building this next box yourself... be sure to do a bit of research on how to properly port a box. It's a bit more than cutting a rectangle or a couple circles in the box. The actual port of a ported box is everything as far as how you want it to sound. Research a bit about port area, or simply just go on youtube/google and look up "how to build a subwoofer box". Exocontralto definitely has a few nice beginner tutorials that helped me out a lot when I started out building my first box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Motokid

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Motokid
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date