What would you do?

Is this your trunk?

1998_mitsubishi_3000gt_2_dr_std_hatchback-pic-1764621220257660808.jpeg

o my god tint that window. you might as well have a sign on your car saying free subs with hammer to rear glass.
No not anymore, it's an old picture. It's limo'd out now. Can't see a thing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Is this your trunk?
1998_mitsubishi_3000gt_2_dr_std_hatchback-pic-1764621220257660808.jpeg
Yes, exactly what it's like. It's crazy small. That's why I was thinking 8's. Thanks for the pictures though. It can definitely work. It's just finding someone to build me that type of box. Because I sure as hell can't do it.

Put 2 sa8v2s in 1.25 cubes tuned to 34hz drop 1200w to them and call it a day or 4 sd8s sealed on the same power
Definitely thinking Sundown all the way. Would I be better off for 2 or 4 ohm? I could probably go with 2 of the Sa8v2. Looks like i'd rather do that than 4 sd8s.. I can't afford $800 for 4 subs, without a box and amp! 2 Sa8v2 would be pushing it at $400 for them both, plus around $300 for an amp to push it. then another probably $200 ish for someone to build me a box.. Car audio is just an expensive hobby to like.

Two Sundown E-8s or SD-8s would poo on your current setup.
Heres where I have a problem though.. Whats the difference in the different types? I know, im a noob. But theres SD8's, E8's, SA8s. Other than price. On one site i found the SA and SD's to be $185 each, both at 600 RMS, the E8 was $100 @ 300 RMS.. I mean Im liking $100 more than $185. But would I be pleased with 8's? I love my rock.. But I really like the rolling bass from Rap and Dubstep. Would 2 8's be okay?

The E-8s will still poo on your current system, but if you're going to be in there anyway.... might as well upgrade.

SD is the Shallowmount versions of the SA series.

The SA series is louder than the SD series, but the SD can do just almost as well... in less space.

If you get two SA-8s, man... that hatch would be flexing for dayyssss

The E-8s will still poo on your current system, but if you're going to be in there anyway.... might as well upgrade. SD is the Shallowmount versions of the SA series.

The SA series is louder than the SD series, but the SD can do just almost as well... in less space.

If you get two SA-8s, man... that hatch would be flexing for dayyssss
The E8's are temping just because of the price.. But I do want to do it right, and go with the SA8, two of them. Would it be wise to do Dual 2 ohm or 4? Wouldn't 2 ohm be best? And what amp would be best for these two subs?

The E8's are temping just because of the price.. But I do want to do it right, and go with the SA8, two of them. Would it be wise to do Dual 2 ohm or 4? Wouldn't 2 ohm be best? And what amp would be best for these two subs?
For best results...

Get two 4ohm sa-8s, and wire them up to an SAZ-1200D.

If you're on a budget... get a clean 1000RMS 1OHM STABLE mono amp.

Myself, I would put 4 8's in ported tubes back there. Then, just cut a large horseshoe shaped piece of mdf and carpet it to seal off the sides and back area to make it nice and clean looking. You have options though, so go with what suits you best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Motokid

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Motokid
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date