What would you do?

Myself, I would put 4 8's in ported tubes back there. Then, just cut a large horseshoe shaped piece of mdf and carpet it to seal off the sides and back area to make it nice and clean looking. You have options though, so go with what suits you best.
True, 4 would be awesome. I just can't afford 4

Mitsubishi 3000GT Sub Enclosure - Images hosted at BiggerBids.com

I found this guy who builds boxes, but it would cost roughly $300 im sure.. $200 to build, plus an amp rack, and shipping. But 1cube chambers. For an SA8 it would need like .75 cubes right? I don't mind building a box, I could probably do it, just would take time finding friends with the correct tools.. But I would really like someone to draw me up some plans to get the correct cuts, etc.

Also what is the difference in the Sa 8 vs the Sa 8 V2. Other than $35 ish price difference. I still don't know the difference in 2 ohm and 4 on these subs.

wow all sundown nobody even mentioned VFL 8's which are imo way better than the sa 8's and can be found for around 125 a sub.... but then again my xd8's were louder than my sa8's and those are only like a 100 a pop.....

wow all sundown nobody even mentioned VFL 8's which are imo way better than the sa 8's and can be found for around 125 a sub.... but then again my xd8's were louder than my sa8's and those are only like a 100 a pop.....
if you do go sundown go v2....

Theres just so many different kinds.. Like theres an Sundown E8 or whatever.. It's only $100 a pop.. Which looks good to me, becuause its cheap.. But I feel like I should go with the Sa 8, but those are $185 a pop.. Im bumpin on a small *** budget here. Broke college kid here haha

Take a look into American Bass VFL 8's and XD 8's, Cadence S2W8's, and Incriminator Audio I-8's. All can be found cheaper than sundowns, and relatively comparable besides the Cadences, they're a little lower end.

Take a look into American Bass VFL 8's and XD 8's, Cadence S2W8's, and Incriminator Audio I-8's. All can be found cheaper than sundowns, and relatively comparable besides the Cadences, they're a little lower end.
Ill look into the American Bass. I've heard good things about them, as well as Sundowns.. The American Bass 8's are about $115

Theres just so many different kinds.. Like theres an Sundown E8 or whatever.. It's only $100 a pop.. Which looks good to me, becuause its cheap.. But I feel like I should go with the Sa 8, but those are $185 a pop.. Im bumpin on a small *** budget here. Broke college kid here haha
thats why I said that my two AB xd8's were louder and better sound quality than my sa8's and the xd's can be had for like 89.00 right now....

look into the VFL 8's I promise you hands down against the sundown v1's can't speak on much else but i've ran the v1's

thats why I said that my two AB xd8's were louder and better sound quality than my sa8's and the xd's can be had for like 89.00 right now....
look into the VFL 8's I promise you hands down against the sundown v1's can't speak on much else but i've ran the v1's
I think im just going to go ahead and go with the AB VFL 8's. Just because Im going cheap. It'll save me about $150 if I go with the AB Over Sundown.. Just need some plans for a box. And Decent budget amp. I've always wanted an AQ1200.1 Which is about $270, I may go with that.

I think im just going to go ahead and go with the AB VFL 8's. Just because Im going cheap. It'll save me about $150 if I go with the AB Over Sundown.. Just need some plans for a box. And Decent budget amp. I've always wanted an AQ1200.1 Which is about $270, I may go with that.
I'm looking for a 1200AQ as well....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Motokid

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Motokid
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date