what would you do?

campbell8402
10+ year member

So I ordered a set of components that have a 1/2" tweeter and does not have a surface mount option (only flush)

I have an old beater car with the auto seatbelts so cannot flush mount int the pillars and I'm really not

skilled enough to make a pod

should. I

a: mount in the dash

b: mount on the door

or c: your option

IMAG0140.jpg

So I ordered a set of components that have a 1/2" tweeter and does not have a surface mount option (only flush)I have an old beater car with the auto seatbelts so cannot flush mount int the pillars and I'm really not

skilled enough to make a pod

should. I

a: mount in the dash

b: mount on the door

or c: your option

IMAG0140.jpg
Why not do an A-pillar mount?? I think those look really clean! & you can have them level with your ears. :)

Pillar has a motor for the automatic seatbelts
A pillar the front pillar that holds the windshield the one in the picture. The velcro is a great idea, you would be surprised how different each location sounds.

i am familiar with where the a pillar is but behind the a pillar is where the motor for the automatic seatbelts is located

that was my orgional plan until i made this discovery

i will try the velcro in a few diff spots and suggestion on where i could try?

not sure if this will help at all but the first pic i put up you couldnt see the auto seatbelt i was talkin about

IMAG0142.jpg

also the plastic trim from the a pillar is all one piece from the a-c pillars and would be a bear to get off even if the motor wasnt right behind where id like to mount the tweeter

what would ya think about mounting it in the door right below the defrost vent for the window? would the heat effect the tweeter?

i popped it off but the bolt for the mirror is right to the panel... iwill have to play around and see what i can work out.......

maybe i could buld them out with something ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

campbell8402

10+ year member
campbell8402
south carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from