Cdt hd-690cf

Participant count
  • Participant list

Callingindogs
10+ year member

I've noticed my speakers are making a vibrating sound, the sound quality is great, but there's that vibrating sound coming from what sounds like the center of the speaker when I play it loud. There's a plastic feeling dust cover for the center of the cone. I'm thinking it could be that, anyone else hear about this problem with the speaker? or did I just get a bad pair?

If you have the amp gain too high, bass boost turned on, EQ boosted, etc. it could cause that problem. Where are they installed and what is powering them?

The amp gain is on lowest it can be (0 db) They're installed on the rear deck of my car and they're powered by a four channel infinity kappa four i'm only powering them with channels 1/2 if the problem still persists when I get my new headunit and can lower the frequency range it plays i'll have them sent back for a new pair.

If you have the amp gain too high, bass boost turned on, EQ boosted, etc. it could cause that problem. Where are they installed and what is powering them?

The amp gain is on lowest it can be (0 db) They're installed on the rear deck of my car and they're powered by a four channel infinity kappa four i'm only powering them with channels 1/2 if the problem still persists when I get my new headunit and can lower the frequency range it plays i'll have them sent back for a new pair.
Gain is marked in volts, not dB. Are you sure you didn't mean bass boost is at 0? Where is the input level knob set?

Sorry I thought you mean bass boost, it's set a little less than max
This would be the first thing I'd change, and I'd start by slowly lowering the input level and retesting with music. If that adjustment is too high it can make the speakers sound like you've described. The correct input level setting will match the level of the voltage coming in from your head unit to the input side of the amp.

Can this be fixed by eventually having 4 speakers plugged in? I only have 2 in channels 1/2 at the moment, but I lowered it and it fixed the problem thank you :) I also had a problem where the amp would stop the speakers for a second and come back on and repeat, in which I was also suggested to lower the input setting.

This would be the first thing I'd change, and I'd start by slowly lowering the input level and retesting with music. If that adjustment is too high it can make the speakers sound like you've described. The correct input level setting will match the level of the voltage coming in from your head unit to the input side of the amp.

Can this be fixed by eventually having 4 speakers plugged in? I only have 2 in channels 1/2 at the moment, but I lowered it and it fixed the problem thank you :) I also had a problem where the amp would stop the speakers for a second and come back on and repeat, in which I was also suggested to lower the input setting.
The amplifier should operate fine with only channels 1 and 2 hooked up. The start-and-stop of the music could be from the amplifier getting too warm, which can result from the input level being set too high. This results in clipping, which again is from the gain/input level being set too high. You'll hear your music get very harsh sounding if the clipping is bad enough.

If the problem persists even after I get a new headunit and put in my 2 channel amp (a rockford fosgate power t400-2) Should I send the speakers back?

The amplifier should operate fine with only channels 1 and 2 hooked up. The start-and-stop of the music could be from the amplifier getting too warm, which can result from the input level being set too high. This results in clipping, which again is from the gain/input level being set too high. You'll hear your music get very harsh sounding if the clipping is bad enough.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.