What would U do?

Participant count
  • Participant list

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Im trying to sell my Kicker ZX2500 to finish the funds for a small power upgrade. And I'm tired of looking at it. Im going to have about $700-$800 to spend.

Some of you know about the hard time I had running a Crescendo BC2K at .5ohms. Most of you thought it was a real power hungrey amp. I want to attempt it again but with a better, stronger amp.

Electrical is:

200 amp EA High output rated at 220

1 Group 34 Yellow Top under the hood

2 Group 51 Yellow Tops in the hatch

Big 3 in Knu OFC 1/0

1 run of Knu OFC 1/0 the the back

Car is a 2010 Scion tC with 2 DC level 4 12s in 4.75 cubes.

If I couldnt run the BC2K can I run a SAZ-2500 at .5 with dual inputs? Or spend a bit more on 2 SAZ-1500s strapped at 2ohm? Which would make more power counting voltage drop? This is a daily set up that I run pretty hard. The 2500 will be new and the 1500s used hopefully from Jacob

please only people that know these amps.

u will still be drawing 250+amps of current no matter which way u go whether 2ohm or 1ohm, strapping the amps just causes two amps to be at one ohm. id suggest just buying an external voltage regulator from ea and just be done with it. otherwise your battery bank will need to get bigger and nightly charging will need to be routine. and yes i know the kicker,sundown, and while im not familiar with the bc2k ive read they were similar to the bxi2608 i believe.

if you want big power you'll just have to buy a bigger amp than necessary and run it at a higher impedance for efficiency, this only works if the amp isnt working at its lowest impedance where heat starts to increase voltage draw by increasing resistance in the board drawing more voltage to create the same power

u will still be drawing 250+amps of current no matter which way u go whether 2ohm or 1ohm, strapping the amps just causes two amps to be at one ohm. id suggest just buying an external voltage regulator from ea and just be done with it. otherwise your battery bank will need to get bigger and nightly charging will need to be routine. and yes i know the kicker,sundown, and while im not familiar with the bc2k ive read they were similar to the bxi2608 i believe.
if you want big power you'll just have to buy a bigger amp than necessary and run it at a higher impedance for efficiency, this only works if the amp isnt working at its lowest impedance where heat starts to increase voltage draw by increasing resistance in the board causing more voltage to create the same power
Understood. What I dont understand is people run larger amps at .5 on weaker electrical all the time. what is my problem?

Understood. What I dont understand is people run larger amps at .5 on weaker electrical all the time. what is my problem?
isn't your alt controlled by the cars computer system

if it is anything like my cruze it only charges to like13.8 driving, 12.8 parked, and 14.4 while hitting the brakes. it really ***** when this is the case because a aftermarket alt and external regulator is the only thing to really fix it.

my cruze had a sundown 2500d at one ohm my electrical

200amp ea alt and regulator set to 14.9, xs3400 and 2 xs3100 all 1/0 ofc

isn't your alt controlled by the cars computer systemif it is anything like my cruze it only charges to like13.8 driving, 12.8 parked, and 14.4 while hitting the brakes. it really ***** when this is the case because a aftermarket alt and external regulator is the only thing to really fix it.

my cruze had a sundown 2500d at one ohm my electrical

200amp ea alt and regulator set to 14.9, xs3400 and 2 xs3100 all 1/0 ofc

Sounds like you are talking about what Honda calls ELD (electrical Load Detection) Honda's turn the alt on and off depending on how much drain it senses on the factory components. It does not take in how much drain the Stereo is taking.

So on my Honda (all Honda's) unplugging the ELD (in the main fuse box) and wiring in a 820 ohm resistor in its place keeps the Alt running full all the time.

You may have to do some research to find out how to bypass yours.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

13.6-14.0 depending on its mood. It does fine with the Kicker. I can run it hard at idle for a few songs before its drained. Thats why I "think" it will be fine with 2 1500s. The Kicker isnt the most effiecent amp

Sounds like you are talking about what Honda calls ELD (electrical Load Detection) Honda's turn the alt on and off depending on how much drain it senses on the factory components. It does not take in how much drain the Stereo is taking.
So on my Honda (all Honda's) unplugging the ELD (in the main fuse box) and wiring in a 820 ohm resistor in its place keeps the Alt running full all the time.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

I have found some ideas but Im not going to do it until the warrenty expires. I got about 10K left

it is not possible as of yet to bypass the voltage regulation on newer toyotas and chevys its wired directly tothe pcm

You could pick up those 1500Dv2's for hella cheap price in our Black Friday sale, just letting you know, they will be super cheap. A7 Okurs (7500 watt) are Beasts. We DO repair those now BTW. Have sucessfully repaired a couple of them.

You could pick up those 1500Dv2's for hella cheap price in our Black Friday sale, just letting you know, they will be super cheap. A7 Okurs (7500 watt) are Beasts. We DO repair those now BTW. Have sucessfully repaired a couple of them.
I have been watching your sales ad. Looks like they will go fast. Would you put the Okur in the same league as the SAZ?

Sure, it's a great amp, but remember, it is a "spring clip" amp. Don't mount it to a speaker box, eventually, you will be sorry if you do. None of the Sundown's have spring clips, that's why they are my favorites. Can still break them mounting to a speaker box, but takes way longer than it does with the spring clip amps.

Sure, it's a great amp, but remember, it is a "spring clip" amp. Don't mount it to a speaker box, eventually, you will be sorry if you do. None of the Sundown's have spring clips, that's why they are my favorites. Can still break them mounting to a speaker box, but takes way longer than it does with the spring clip amps.
It will be on the same rack in my avi. Floating. I think I'm just going to go saz. If I don't catch yours ill see about the 18 Jacob is selling.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LosIsATool

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
LosIsATool
Pensacola, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date