How big fuse do I need for power wire?

Participant count
  • Participant list
not to highjack or anything..

but im ordering the same thing, i haev the soundstream rub1600D, i was told 150A fuse ?

not to highjack or anything..
but im ordering the same thing, i haev the soundstream rub1600D, i was told 150A fuse ?
good rule of thumb is to divide your rms by 10 so basically for every 100watts u need 10amps, 1600rms atleast 160amp would use a 200amp anl fuse just in case

Nooooo. Like said above you do not fuse your wire based on ur amps fusing. You fuse the wire based on the max amount of amps said wire is rated too. So If anybody buys knu cca 0awg they should buy a 250amp fuse. Only exception would be if your amp requires an external fuse because it does not have onboard fuses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.