what would happen????///

I think it'd be funny to watch a sub explode, I would just never waste my money on doing it.

You can make that amp work fine with that sub, as long as you keep the gains down, and then be sure not to turn your head unit up too far so that the sub blows.

It is a sony, so you might only be able to turn your head unit up a tiny bit, but that will ensure the sub doesn't start smokin.

The problem is that you might create a large imbalance between your mids/highs and the sub.

Good Luck

Yea I understand that. Still it would always be nice to have a big amplifier and then just keep it turned down. Kinda like having a heating unit for a large warehouse heating your house, you can always keep it turned down but it always nice to know that you have that extra power just in case ya need it in the future, understand what im saying now. Im not exactly its better to give a sub like twice its power its just nice to have an amp that could do it.

Yea I understand that. Still it would always be nice to have a big amplifier and then just keep it turned down. Kinda like having a heating unit for a large warehouse heating your house, you can always keep it turned down but it always nice to know that you have that extra power just in case ya need it in the future, understand what im saying now. Im not exactly its better to give a sub like twice its power its just nice to have an amp that could do it.
Yeah...I understand what you are saying. But the "underpowering is bad" theory is just wrong.

ha yea, i dont know how you could think that overpowering is better then underpowering
Well to all you guys not understanding, its better to have more power then not enough power going to a driver, underpowering it can reduce the life of it, and most likely when ur underpowering it, you are pushing an amp to its max, which sounds like distortion to me. You can blow any sub with distortion, and if there is more power going to the sub, the more control the magnet will have over the voice coil.

Well to all you guys not understanding, its better to have more power then not enough power going to a driver, underpowering it can reduce the life of it, and most likely when ur underpowering it, you are pushing an amp to its max, which sounds like distortion to me. You can blow any sub with distortion, and if there is more power going to the sub, the more control the magnet will have over the voice coil.
Ummmm...wrong.

When the sub is being over powered, the coil is going to overheat. Period. When there is more power, that means that there is less control involved pertaining to the coil/magnet.

A simple equation:

Excessive Heat + Coil= Dead woofer

Where do you people get this information from?

Wrong. Period.

Distortion doesn't kill subwoofers. Heat does, no if ands or buts.

There is enough information on the internet to compile a book on the ways you are wrong. I'm not going to waste my time with it.

Ummmm...wrong.
When the sub is being over powered, the coil is going to overheat. Period. When there is more power, that means that there is less control involved pertaining to the coil/magnet.

A simple equation:

Excessive Heat + Coil= Dead woofer

Where do you people get this information from?
Whatever man, and im not talking about overpowering it by massive ammounts of power, just a little, and you know what causes a lot of heat in the coils? DISTORTION

Whatever man, and im not talking about overpowering it by massive ammounts of power, just a little, and you know what causes a lot of heat in the coils? DISTORTION
Yawn.

Underpowering a sub hurts it in no way. You have shown no proof to back up your ******** claims, so drop it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bottwell666

10+ year member
lost warrior
bottwell666
canton tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date