what would happen????///

I ran my brutus BX1500D for two Rockford Fosgate 12" subs. Both were 175watts RMS @ 4 ohms. They sounded really nice as long as my gains were down all the way, and my bass boost was low. They pounded and enjoyed the clean power. However, most idiots will run too much power and blow them. It's your call. If you have a best buy service plan, they will replace blown subs, but that isn't very ethical to blow subs and continuously return them. Boom Responsibly.

-T.J.

I'd love to know how you came to that conclusion.
Simple that amp is way overpowered for that sub and so keep the gains down as to not blow the sub since the amp is too much for it. Allthough if it were me, I would see how well that Peice of Freaking Sh!t freak of car audio could handle it and crank the gains to the point where the amp would feeds it max rms at the ohm load into it. Hehe, just to watch sony burn lol.

Simple that amp is way overpowered for that sub and so keep the gains down as to not blow the sub since the amp is too much for it. Allthough if it were me, I would see how well that Peice of Freaking Sh!t freak of car audio could handle it and crank the gains to the point where the amp would feeds it max rms at the ohm load into it. Hehe, just to watch sony burn lol.
That has nothing to do with his statement.

Yea it does, he said keep the gains down and it might sound good, allthough the sound good part I cant agree with anyway but keep the gains down and at least the sub wont blow, but like I said, if it were me I would try to blow the thing first chance I got. lol

Well I mean ya know, have an amp thats bigger than what you really need so as to not send the amp into clipping trying to get the most you can out of the sub or speaker. My philosophy has limitation to it. Im not stupid. lol. I also say get a bigger amp than needed to have headroom for upgrading, that kinda thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bottwell666

10+ year member
lost warrior
bottwell666
canton tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date