what would get louder?

Redgp
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I got 4k watts to play with and about 3.5 cu ft of space. My dilema is should I get 2 hdc3 10's or a single dc level 5 sub probably a 15 since i can get the cu space for it. What would get louder and impress more ppl 2 10s or a single 15?

id take the 15
The level 5s for sure. If you can get that 15 a little more space, then do that. The 10s will be loud, sure, but that 15 is a SPL woofer and as such likes small boxes. Plus, the 15 will have more cone area than the 2 10s anyway, use that to your advantage.

I said either a 15 or 2 10s because theyre around the same price. The 15 will take up more space which on their site is says 3.5 cu ft and the 10s like 1.2-1.5 so i can make a smaller box with the 10s but dont know if itll be louder that way. Another thing my vehicle is a hatchback which will help a lot

Not a whole lot of info on the dc level 5 subs online. Maybe it's because not a whole lot of ppl have them. Anybody reading this have a 15 right now that can tell me what size box theyre using?

iso load them
Isobaric loading is to this day the stupidest use of two speaker drivers. I cannot think of a single reason to use them over one. They aren't louder than one, and while they take up less space, you're paying 2x the money for a slightly smaller enclosure.

What vehicle? It makes a big difference //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

2 18's in a s10 below window line is not as loud as 3 15's below window line. Sometimes less cone area is better

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.