What would cause magnets to slip?

geonfreaq
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
May be kind of hard to see but Im wondering if this may be part of all my troubles I had...

photomag.jpg

Have you dropped or bumped the motor hard?
That or they did not use enough glue when they built it.
Nope. Its been installed for a year now but Im guessing being installed in a truck that goes off road could cause this king of damage.

Yep, looks like you have a shifted motor.
Im guessing a shifted motor like this would cause the VC to change and cause the amp to see some strange loads?

I could explain it to you but it's not like you actually care...
Thats why I thought my answer would work haha

Shifted motor = locking of the voice coil in the gap. I dont know if it would cause any impedence change as I've never had it happen. But I do know that your sub is most likely screwed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif You can get someone to fix the shifted motor and recone it though

Shifted motor = locking of the voice coil in the gap. I dont know if it would cause any impedence change as I've never had it happen. But I do know that your sub is most likely screwed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif You can get someone to fix the shifted motor and recone it though
I dont know if thats worth reconing. A RE SX is only worth but so much haha

I dont know if thats worth reconing. A RE SX is only worth but so much haha

SX's are notorious for shifting. No, when your pole piece or top plate shift, your sub doesnt move. This happened recently. The magnets are physically pinching the coil in between the magnet itself and the pole piece. You could send it in to get fixed but ur better off donating it to SPLaudio or somethin lol

SX's are notorious for shifting. No, when your pole piece or top plate shift, your sub doesnt move. This happened recently. The magnets are physically pinching the coil in between the magnet itself and the pole piece. You could send it in to get fixed but ur better off donating it to SPLaudio or somethin lol

How is it that I make a comical reply in my own thread and it gets deleted but the "BS" post I reply to doesnt? Thats funny...

Anyway, is it worth saving the motor and using the parts to build a beefier sub? Ive never had a custom sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.