What would cause magnets to slip?

You could shoot spl audio a PM or email I dont know what his preference would be but get ahold of him. Most likely it wouldnt be worth it to repair. Im pretty sure with the bottom plate you have to discharge the motor and then recharge it and its more of a hassel than anything.

You could shoot spl audio a PM or email I dont know what his preference would be but get ahold of him. Most likely it wouldnt be worth it to repair. Im pretty sure with the bottom plate you have to discharge the motor and then recharge it and its more of a hassel than anything.

It is usually from the wrong mix of magnet glue/activator and/or insufficient clamping pressure. Using old glue could also be a cause. Like what the others said, it may not be worth the effort or cost to have it repaired.

ContactFi audio they have the equipment and a lot of knowledge about re audio ask for a price if its not worth it to you you would already have a great tool for picking up nails

Poor glue mixing seems to be a major cause in Chinese assembled motors. I have seen tape put over the back side of the basket mounting holes on the top plate to keep the glue from rising in the threads... only to create a stand off allowing only a little glue to bond the two surfaces together.

In the case of good glue, bonding... thermal issues can from time to time cause that. With dissimilar materials and thermal expansion rates, things shear. Cold Northern Canadian day and then lots of power might make things shift, crack....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.