What would better suit my equipment? SA or XFL?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Im looking to upgrade from my mtx thunder 8000 12"s (almost blown) and would like to do 2 American bass xfl 12"s or the sundown Sa 12"s. The mtx did get loud as it was even uncomfortable in my car but they are damaged. I'm currently running a kicker cx1200.1 with a 1ohm load at the amp and steady 14.5 volts. Eventually I'll upgrade the amp of course for more power but this amp does 1500watts rms at 1ohm. I would like to see around 2000+ watts rms clean from the new amp but is that even necessary for sa series? In my current situation which is a better choice? Btw my box is around 4 cubic feet total for 2 12"s.

xfls if you want to run a bit more power than just 2k. However I'd recommend keep the the amp and going with the SAs, they will still get loud off 600 watts and you dont have to dump a lot of money on a new amp and upgrading your charging system loudness should be similar to be honest.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.