What would be a good cheap HU?????

kickerlivinloud
10+ year member

Banning survivor
Hey what would be a good but cheap HU to get??? I was going to get the Sony CDX M800 but due to the cost of the rest of my system I need a little more cheaper HU. I would love to keep it under $150 but I would be willing to go up to $200 (off ebay). Would a cheaper Sony be good or maybe a really cheap Alpine??? I am a newbe and know nothing of HU so any advice would be appreceated...

Thanks in advance...

Jon

I personally don't like sony but i've heard that their head units are fine. if you like them, i'm sure it will be fine.

i really love the alpine hu's and some of the pioneer stuff.

Ebay is where I am getting most of my system except for my sub. I just was curious what model of alpine would be the best??? Are most of them the same in performence or not or what???? Like I said I am clueless when it comes to HU other than you need one...lol.

Your info and input is apreceated...

Jon

I would definitely ditch the Sony HU! I've had nothing but problems with 2 different units! Check out Alpine, or pick up a Pioneer Premier off of ebay. Premier only! Low end Pioneer is equivalent to Sony (in my opinion).

A few quick suggestions would be-alpine cda-9807 234 shipped,cda-9825 165 shipped,or maybe the 9827 for 208 shipped.but again thats just a fast run through on ebay....search alpine and maybe some of these models as they are all decent for the price.

Yeah they all look good but I think I am leaning toward the Pioneer Premier DEH-P660. It looks like a good HU and I am loven the remote. Around $180-$200 sounds like a good price to. Thanks for the input.

If anyone has any experience with it rather good or bad I would like to know..... Thanks

Jon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.