What Wire To Use?

Participant count
  • Participant list

MellowHype
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So ive currently got an Alpine MRP - F600 powering one pair of Alpine SPR 60c, at 100wRms. Using 8 awg wire. Im going to be getting a Type R 12inch running at 2ohms at 700 watt rms powerd by Kicker EX1000.1

I was just wondering if 4 awg wire would be enough for the Kicker? or will i need 0 awg? Im running a standard alt, and a standard battery. I will be doing the big 3 upgrade before i install the sub.

also once i decide, is it best to just run the new wire next to the 8 awg wire, or get a distribution block?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you get GOOD 4 awg, something with hyperflex, and defently something OFC. Then I would replace the 8 awg and put a distro near the amps. Good luck with your endevours

i always say. get 0 gauge to the back and just use a distro block to run whatever wire your amp will fit.

im running 100 watts a piece on my two 6.5's and i have 0 gauge. overkill is your friend.

If you get GOOD 4 awg, something with hyperflex, and defently something OFC. Then I would replace the 8 awg and put a distro near the amps. Good luck with your endevours
Do i upgrade the MRP-F600 4 channel amp to 4awg then?

Thanks for your reply.

does something like, knukonceptz 4 awg running from batt to distro block next to the amps, and distro with 1x 4awg in 2x 4 awg out, sound about right??

thanks again man

i always say. get 0 gauge to the back and just use a distro block to run whatever wire your amp will fit.
im running 100 watts a piece on my two 6.5's and i have 0 gauge. overkill is your friend.
Yeah i think im gonna go with 0awg to distro block 2x 4 awg.

Thanks!

If your going to go 0 guage, more power to ya haha, you will never starve agian. But I would stick with the wire that fits into your amps terminal the easiest as long as it is reasonable. For example 10 AWG cannot carry 60 amps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.