what u guys think about this setup???

Participant count
  • Participant list

limbs760

sandiego
2 sa12's d4 ohms running on a hifonics brz 1700.1 at 1ohm ( gonna run it at 2ohms on 1200.1 rms ) have stock electrical system dont wanna run at 1ohm yet till upgrade. the box is gonna be about 4cft tuned to about 32hz. what u guys think? is there anything im missing let me know thanks.

2 sa12's d4 ohms running on a hifonics brz 1700.1 at 1ohm ( gonna run it at 2ohms on 1200.1 rms ) have stock electrical system dont wanna run at 1ohm yet till upgrade. the box is gonna be about 4cft tuned to about 32hz. what u guys think? is there anything im missing let me know thanks.
Your wiring options are only 1 ohm and 4 ohms, you cannot get 2 ohms from 2 d4 subs.

I'd say run it at 1 ohm but keep the gains low then do the big 3 upgrade whenever you can scrounge up the funds for it.

Easy safety check:

Take a digital multi-meter Check the voltages at the battery when your system is playing on full tilt and if its dipping below 12.8 then lower the gains more. If your maintaining above 13.5V at full tilt, you can go even harder with it. Just because it says 1700.1 at 1 ohm doesnt mean its gonna pull that amount of current from your system at all times. Music is dynamic(unless your playing bass boosted crap or decaf) and your not gonna see that much watts out of your amp even at full strength. Just making it clear, I'm not making cracks about amp quality, just saying its like that with every amp.

thanks for all the help i appreciate it i guess i be runnin at 1ohm because if i get the 2dvc i have to run it at 2ohms or 0.5ohms . i have two cvx 12's runnin at two ohms guessing they are 4ohm svc?

thanks for all the help i appreciate it i guess i be runnin at 1ohm because if i get the 2dvc i have to run it at 2ohms or 0.5ohms . i have two cvx 12's runnin at two ohms guessing they are 4ohm svc?
cvx lines are normally dual voice coils, you probably have D2 wired in series/parallel.

thanks for all the help man still saving up for my box hopfully soon.
just did my grandpa's threatcon 2 12s box for 70 bucks. Had cut out sheets, some titebond II, screws, and a electric screwdriver/drill. Bought a sheet of MDF at home depot, had the guys there make the cuts for me. then go to a car audio shop or a wood shop, give em 10 bucks to make the subwoofer hole cut for you. The rest is glue and screw. Along with some sanding and painting. Very doable without tools and saves you a TON of money.

just did my grandpa's threatcon 2 12s box for 70 bucks. Had cut out sheets, some titebond II, screws, and a electric screwdriver/drill. Bought a sheet of MDF at home depot, had the guys there make the cuts for me. then go to a car audio shop or a wood shop, give em 10 bucks to make the subwoofer hole cut for you. The rest is glue and screw. Along with some sanding and painting. Very doable without tools and saves you a TON of money.
Thats great for people who have absolutely no tools but I haven't had a whole lot of luck with Lowes,Home Depot,Etc getting me cuts more accurate than I can make myself with a straight edge and a circular saw. Sure you can sand and fudge anything but it's a lot less finish work if the cuts lineup from the get go. I make my own cutouts too with a cheap *** harbor freight jigsaw and it does the job .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.