What type of subs?

lol. well...what do you mean by really pound? cause if you wanna really pound, you're probably going to need more than a legacy 1800 watt amp and 300. i'd estimate that that amp will put out about 400-500 watts rms. what you could do...buy an adire audio tempest for like 200(or however much it is, i think less), make a bad ass box for it....and that wouldn't be very bad. private message jlaine for info on buying a tempest

For $260 you can get a pioneer amp pushing 380 @4 ohms and a Fusion 12" sub that handles 450 RMS. The amp is $140 and the sub is $120. Or try to find another amp that pushes 400 watts or more RMS, such as an MTX or a Lanzar (not the best brand, but lots of power for the money). Rockford Fosgate HE2, 10" 2-ohm voice coil handles 400 RMS, perfect for the pioneer amp. My friend has this setup in his Continental and it hits nicely. And the amp is only at an 8-ohm load! (The downside of a 4-ohm dual voice coil sub).

get a jbl600.1 and an adire audio tempest as suggested before. the amp will cost you around 250 i think and the sub is less than 200 so that leaves you enough cash for the sub amp. now if you can manage it get a 1200.1 which is like 287 and the tempest that would get you on hella loud setup. now if you haven't heard of adire or looked at them it can be expected b/c they are an internet company that has earned a LOT of respect among many members on here. http://www.adireaudio.com is the sight and don't be decieved by the "wal-mart" looks of them.

adam

If you can only get it in a 15" then I dunno if I have enough trunk space. The vertical in the trunk is about 14.5 inches. Is there an adire that I could get in a 12" that would go with a jbl 600.1 or 1200.1?

take a look at the shiva then maybe look into 2 of them they are 125 each though.... this is also by adire on their website

2 shiva's and a 1200.1 in as big of a box as you can build for them. then make srue you properly adjust the gains otherwise you do have a chance of blowing them b/c they can take that power just cleanly not clipped.

adam

300 - JBL 1200.1

250 - 2 12" Shivas

50 - box (prolly more than that)

50 - shipping for the amp and shivas

_____

thats about 650.00

i only have a legacy amp that im gonna sell for 150, and 2 12" audiobahns in a bandpass box. Theres no way that i'll get 500 for the audiobahns and their box. So there no way i can get the jbl and shivas ...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.