What type of amp would be best that costs least?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Yitzy
10+ year member

ph3@r
MA
I am planning on buying 2 JL W3 12 inch subs and placing them both in one sealed box. What amp should I buy (up to $300) to power these? If possible name the actual product thx a lot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Thx for the advice on goin for a mono amp but what do I have to change due to the voice coils?

What Voice Coil Configuration means is what each Voice coil's impedence (ohms) measures at. Are your subs dual 2 ohm, dual 4 ohm, dual 6 ohm???

The final impedence after wiring the coils and subs together will help determine the better amplifier choices.

Take it easy,

-zane

The JL W3's that I am lookin at have a 6 ohm dual voice coil! If its better to get a lower one tell me. What should I do differently because of the 6 ohm DVC?

Talk to your local car audio dealer, he knows how to hook them up to get you a 3 ohm load. This is just fine for practically all amps out there. If you can only spend $300, I suggest a JBL amp, maybe a 600.1 amp for them?? I don't know much about the JBL amps, but I am pretty sure there is a 600.1 amp that will get you about 225 wRMS for each sub when wired at 3 ohms.

well I am new to car audio (my first system) and I just want everything to work to its capacity. Thx for the advice I will check it all out with an expert. Hopefully I will find the right equipment!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.