What to use to seal ported box?

what did you cut the wood with?? doesn't look to straight... those gaps you need to fill in are where the wood should be that you cut off cuz you didn't use a table saw

Regarding the cuts: They were done at Lowe's on that stading saw thingy, but they didn't come out quite right anyway. I even measured the cuts twice before and once after myself, and the employee measured each cut at least once himself. No adjustments were needed at the cutting.

Yet they still didn't turn out right. Dangit!

I rented an electric screwdriver from Home Depot. Best 12 bucks I ever spent! What took me 3 hours by hand took 30 minutes with the electric screwdriver.

The glue has been curing since last night and I want to go over any other gaps with some sort of sealant. I just *know* some of the gaps were not filled in.

3 or 4 screws started to poke their tips out of the side of the box (off-center guide hole drilled). Should I leave them alone or should I pull them out, re-drill the dguide hole and re-screw in? Is it okay to do it in the same spot?

Regarding why I didn't use wood glue this time: I didn't on the first box I built and it turned out fine (this is my second box). I did, however, use caulk, which I haven't used this time. Yet...

This is just a live and learn experience. I make stupid mistakes now so I don't make them later.

I'll let you know hwo the box turns out!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.