What to put in a Ranger?

thewoahna
10+ year member

I am helping a friend find something for his 96 Ranger. He has all factory stuff now, and wants a CD player and some Speakers that have some decent bass. I was going to sell him an old H.U. of mine (Rated 4x40 Max). I would like to stay away from big sub boxes and keep the cost down. I was thinking about getting him a couple of new 6x8's but I would like to get him more bass then those. I was thinking about giving him this old "Roadmaster" box that I got at Wal-Mart (small dual 6.5 sub box) and getting a pair of good speakers to put in it. I was looking at a pair of Digital Audio 6.5 3 ways (I think like 100 RMS or something) and an amp to power them. Would this be a good choice? Would he get more bass out of some good 3 ways or a set of components? Thanks!

How about gettin him a JL audio stealth box or MTX thunder enclosure? They are very room savin and oyu cant tell they are even a sub box they look like a plastci tool box or somting apart of the back of the seat.

Originally posted by thewoahna I was looking at a bazooka tube. The one that comes with a 6.5 inch Driver that runs about 100 RMS. Would this give him anything?
The MTX thunderform is awesome...Iknow from experience, and you can always take out the MTX 6000...

I'm guessing he has the regular cab? I had tried some Polk coaxials in the stock locations but they just didn't sound as good as my components. If he's got the extra cab, an 8 or 10 in a good box with a few hundred watts will sound good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.