my Current Setup:

infinity 6x9s in the back

some half blown ones in the front

2 sa 12s

rockford fosgate 1500

4 awg wiring

vid

MVI_1005.mp4 video by cbuts05 - Photobucket

now i need something thats going to be loud enough to match my bass ( ill be amping later on )

my plan is to take the 4 awg out, run 0 throughout the car, to split into 2 4 awgs to both amps ( once i get an amp for my speakers ) but first id like to buy the speakers and install them to improve my sound for now.

also im not sure if i can turn my bass up more, ive been pounding it for months now, my voltage stays well above 12, the gain is at like 5, any more my 100A fuse blows,(future updates)

someone put me in the right direction //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif, id also like to get tweeters.

i drive a 2006 malibu lt v6 3.5

thanks

You guys didn't notice he said he's blowing his 100a fuse? cbuts, you need to fix your install before you burn your car down. Thankfully the fuse is doing its job, but it's blowing because you have something hooked up incorrectly. My guess is you have a high resistance connection, which can be caused by loose wires. You should be able to pull on each connection with a firm tug and not have the wire move even 1 mm.

You guys didn't notice he said he's blowing his 100a fuse? cbuts, you need to fix your install before you burn your car down. Thankfully the fuse is doing its job, but it's blowing because you have something hooked up incorrectly. My guess is you have a high resistance connection, which can be caused by loose wires. You should be able to pull on each connection with a firm tug and not have the wire move even 1 mm.
or drawing more current

or drawing more current
This would point to equipment failure, because he'd have to have over 1,000W of power to draw more than 100A. Factoring in the low efficiency of amplifiers that's nearly impossible under normal operating conditions with his system configuration.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cbuts

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
cbuts
canada,ont
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date