what to get next (opinions)

Participant count
  • Participant list

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
idaho
so im always looking to build up my system obviously, and am trying to decide what to do next since i have so many plans.....

1. Sound deaden front stage. (I like this because its one of my cheaper upgrades)

2. Upgrade front stage to some nice hertz, and either move my polks to the rear or add some 6.5 woofers, although that seems like it would just rattle the rear panels (i like this because well better quality up front, but i feel like id need to deaden the doors first to notice a big difference?)

3. new box. tuned to 37 hz for daily and maybe 39 for comps (just better suited for my music)

4. Getting a b2 2k mono amp (more power)

5. anything you guys would suggest i overlooked ahha

discuss

wait you mean to tell me you guys dont have an opinion on here?!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i'd skip the 2k amp and go straight into setting up electricals for a 3.5k or 4k amp. Going from 1400 to 2000 aint worth sh*t.
think a 180 amp alt with a yellowtop and big 3 would work? i believe youve said yes before but not sure ahha, and im just not sure what these subdowns can truely take since its my first pair of them

think a 180 amp alt with a yellowtop and big 3 would work? i believe youve said yes before but not sure ahha, and im just not sure what these subdowns can truely take since its my first pair of them
skip the yellowtop, get something better. Need one in the front and one in the back along with big 3 and high output alt.

skip the yellowtop, get something better. Need one in the front and one in the back along with big 3 and high output alt.
what if i get a better one for the front (battery) and use the yellowtop in the rear since i already have it. And the Alt is an HO

what if i get a better one for the front (battery) and use the yellowtop in the rear since i already have it. And the Alt is an HO
If you have the yellow top under the hood use it under the hood and get a group 31 in the rear next to the amp where it matters more. There's sears diehard platinum, deka, sam's club agms, xs power, kinetik, C&D, nortstar batts that will outperform yellowtop equivalents for the same money or less.

I'd also say the current subwoofer setup and get an HDC4 18. That sub works well with your music genre and will get way nastier than those 12s. Dont waste time and money bullshitting/****'n around with slight and non noticeable upgrades and save up for a nice setup that will shut down everyone in your town.

If you have the yellow top under the hood use it under the hood and get a group 31 in the rear next to the amp where it matters more. There's sears diehard platinum, deka, sam's club agms, xs power, kinetik, C&D, nortstar batts that will outperform yellowtop equivalents for the same money or less.
I'd also say the current subwoofer setup and get an HDC4 18. That sub works well with your music genre and will get way nastier than those 12s. Dont waste time and money bullshitting/****'n around with slight and non noticeable upgrades and save up for a nice setup that will shut down everyone in your town.
true thats what i was saving up for after the alpines went. i got tired of not having bass though and got the sundowns. always convincing me to go big ahha

Deaden the doors. The upgrade the front stage. Get that done first then worry about power and the sub stage The only difference you see by going to the mono from the amp you have now would be efficiency and the drain in the electrical.

Deaden the doors. The upgrade the front stage. Get that done first then worry about power and the sub stage The only difference you see by going to the mono from the amp you have now would be efficiency and the drain in the electrical.
ill trust you guys ahha. Ill probably do the doors first, hertz second, decide what to do with the back stage (Mine right now is so quite even when sitting in the back) then probably stop ******* around and get that 18 with a taramp 4k. stang sent me a vid of jeffs truck and i truck them both ahha i believe jeff says he has a wide variety of electronic music as well and thats all i ever play!! itll cost a bit more but then maybe i can finally chill on it for a bit. And the battery and 0 Ga would go along with the 18 and amp upgrade too. I wish my panels held the 0 ga ahha mine runs right along the side of my seat

what is a good type of deadener to get these days?
for cheap ive been told stinger and knu are decent. Ive asked around and those were what i was always told to do, that or something called fatman i do believe

for cheap ive been told stinger and knu are decent. Ive asked around and those were what i was always told to do, that or something called fatman i do believe
Depends on how many layer you want to do Cheap is just that. Cheap. I used stinger in my doors. Didn't make a difference until the second layer. Now Then and only then did the mids start to sound better.i have 2 layers of the b2 stuff on my roof. Much better than stinger or knu , but I like the Shca 120 mil still. Got some of the Aa 160 gator skin coming next week.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.