• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

If I am running the front and rear speakers off of an amp or if I just want to run the rear speakers off of an amp in my trunk... what do I do with the wires left over from my headunit? Should I just tape up the ends and leave them there? I know I shouldn't mess around with the harness to my headunit or remove the speaker wire all together....

Another question... if these cables are taped up and not completing a circuit by touching ends, will my headunit put more wattage out to the remaining speakers still running off of my headunit? I know this is confusing but hey... I'm new at this.

Thanks!

your HU will not put out anymore watts to a certain channel if another channel is not hooked up. The HU amp is still supplying the power to the channel, there's just not anything there to receive it. With the left over stock wires...I would just leave them there and wrap electrical tape around them. Just make sure that they're not going to get pinched or touch any metal, and try to keep them off bottom of the doors (if they're in the doors) because moisture can build up in there and cause a short. By leaving the stock wires in place it makes it easier to rehook up the deck power if you sell the car or whatever.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.